strut tower brace

Mustang4119

May 26, 2004
If i remove my aftermarket strut tower brace, do i need to get a realignment? I remember i tried to remove one of the bolts and it just kept turning and turning like a nut was held from underneath. is it easy to remove these?

• Sponsors (?)

You shouldn't need an alignment. There should be nuts on the other side of the strut tower that can be accessed from inside the wheel well. The bolts at the firewall (if any) are probably held in with a threaded backing plate.

You shouldn't need an alignment. There should be nuts on the other side of the strut tower that can be accessed from inside the wheel well. The bolts at the firewall (if any) are probably held in with a threaded backing plate.

then you would need 2 people to take it off then? one holding the nut from underneath. How am i going to get to the wheel well with no jack stands or jack. Can i do it?

it's a one person job, but you'll at least need a jack. Spend the ~$20 for jackstands or borrow them.

what brand of STB is it?

have to do some work on the car today... will post pics of the STB contact locations later.