Struts??

usaf1313

Nov 16, 2009
memphis
i have an 86 coupe. i have the cheap sleeve coilovers and have them turned down quite a bit to get down to the stance i like. well my stuts are bottoming out quite frequently. for the guys running really low cars, which struts are the best? ive heard conflicting stories about running sn95 struts. i just need to know which struts allow for the drop. part no and links is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

what size and rate springs are you running on the coilvers? I bet you have 10" springs.... they are known to bottom out on the street. If you switch to 12" that should help. Stock is around a 200 spring rate.

Call up the guys at MM. They are great and their kits are the best on the market. Here is their tech page that should help.

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/store/index.php?main_page=faq_coilover

SN95 struts are longer than Fox, so that's the wrong direction to go. You should be able to go plenty low with 12-200s as mike said, but keep in mind, that ride height might LOOK good, but foxes don't handle so well when they're tucking a lot of tire. (if the stock geometry is used)

SN95 struts are longer than Fox, so that's the wrong direction to go. You should be able to go plenty low with 12-200s as mike said, but keep in mind, that ride height might LOOK good, but foxes don't handle so well when they're tucking a lot of tire. (if the stock geometry is used)

All this, plus it begs the question, what c/c plates are you running? Some give more bump travel than others.

Reactions: 1 user
I rarely drive the car. Im not building a sports car this is just a putt around car. So handling is not something im concerned with. The coilovers are just cheap sleeve coilovers, prob from ebay.

whoa whoa whoa.... back the truck up here a second...

did MFE just agree with what sharad said????

H
O
L
Y

S
H
I
T

Attachments

• upr.jpg
    upr.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 1 users
I rarely drive the car. Im not building a sports car this is just a putt around car. So handling is not something im concerned with. The coilovers are just cheap sleeve coilovers, prob from ebay.

How low are you?

Fox struts are the shortest you will find and if you are regularly bottoming those out, you must be fairly low. At that point, why not consider airbags?

Literally laughed out loud reading this, no offense to the op good advice here just laughing at the holiday spirit going around.

Reactions: 4 users