Stuck shifter

My94Stang

Jan 2, 2004
I had saleen installed a short throw shifter way back and now whenever I shift, it gets stuck/pause between gears. Can I oil it somewhere to make it shift smoothly. I was racing a ricer and it hurt my hand trying to shift because I have to really push/pull at it. Oh, don't worry, I cooked the rice. Hee Hee

• Sponsors (?)

Did the give you the right shifter? And if so you might need a tranny rebuilt. the syncors might be worn out too. I have a friend the the car would grind from first to second gear.

To me it sounds like the shifter forks are binding somehow, it would be in the shifter top of the tranny, they are what moves the actual synchros etc. If some of the forks are worn badly or something they prob just need replacing, i would say fix it yourself, but if you had someone else install a shifter i doubt you could do it.

jason

mytight95 said:
To me it sounds like the shifter forks are binding somehow, it would be in the shifter top of the tranny, they are what moves the actual synchros etc. If some of the forks are worn badly or something they prob just need replacing, i would say fix it yourself, but if you had someone else install a shifter i doubt you could do it.

jason

thats what it sounds like to me, bad shift forks, that sucks dude

i wouldnt jump straight into the tranny just yet fellas. There is a chance that his clutch cable is all F'ed up. I remember that would happen to me so all i did was put the car on blocks just to check and wouldnt you know it, that cable was hanging on by the skin of its teeth. Went to my Ford dealership, got a FRPP adjustable clutch cable and quadrant for 100 bucks and it shifts smoother than new. Try that out, it takes about 30 minutes to replace....if you know what you are doing.