Stupid alarm woes.

Intalex

Aug 23, 2003
Montreal, Canada
Afternoon gents, just wondering if anyone could give me some pointers. I lost my keys while trying to get the groceries out of the stang (I had to go through the back seat because my trunk latch decided to stop working). I had a spare key made, but for some reason it only works in the passenger side door. Anyways, even if I could get another key, I can't disable the stupid alarm without the remote thinger.

So, I was just wondering if anyone could give me some options. Is it possible to bypass the alarm in any way?

Not a good week for me so far, my 5.0's battery is completely empty, my 4.6 got a flat, my spare turned out to be flat, it's parked in a no-parking zone and I can't find the keys.

• Sponsors (?)

Did the 96 stangs come with an alarm? I would think it was factory, except the horn for it was drilled into the front tower brace, which seems like an aftermarket install.

I would love to rip it out, but the car won't start without it. I wish I had some wiring schematics.

Under the dash by the steering wheel you will see a 10 awg wire cut and spliced into two other wires going to a relay. That is the starter disable relay. Pull it out of the loop and connect the cut wire back to itself. The alarm module should be under the dash on the drivers side as well or behind the kick pannel. You can follow the wires from the alarm siren through the hole in the firewall and it will lead you to the alarm module (assuming its aftermarket) and you can just disconnect the alarm harness and after you have bypassed the starter disable relay it will be back to stock. Does the alarm chirp when armed, if so its an aftermarket unit. If only the horn honks, than its stock and you will need to have the new key programmed for the car to start.

Hope it helps :)