subframe connectors?

jranaudo

Mar 6, 2009
ok so I am not satisfied with the way my 2004 mach1 handles. Like crap if you ask me.

Are subframe connectors a good thing? I am not so sure because it does add weight.

Eventually I will install a new suspension at some point as well but from what I understand the subframe connectors increase rigidity which is a good thing.

Any opinions?

• Sponsors (?)

I've got MM full lengths and love them; a very noticeable improvement.

You may also want to look into some springs and shocks. I've got FRPP C springs and Bilstein HDs. They are great too.

For a bit more money, you could upgrade to coilovers. I hear that is a great improvement.

I believe your Mach 1 already comes with factory SFC's but I doubt they are full length. You prolly need to upgrade your shocks if you have over 50k since the factory ones wear out fast. I happen to like the Mach 1 springs since I put them in my car and they handle great with no ground clearance problems. I can't see going to stiffer springs since they would ride terrible. You may want to try stiffer sway bars since they won't mess up the ride too much. However, if you want to lower it for looks that is another issue.....

Get full length weld on subframe connectors like the Steeda kit. They make a HUGE difference, even over the stock half length bolt ons on convertibles / Mach's (if they have them?). One of the best mods you can do.

I believe your Mach 1 already comes with factory SFC's but I doubt they are full length. You prolly need to upgrade your shocks if you have over 50k since the factory ones wear out fast. I happen to like the Mach 1 springs since I put them in my car and they handle great with no ground clearance problems. I can't see going to stiffer springs since they would ride terrible. You may want to try stiffer sway bars since they won't mess up the ride too much. However, if you want to lower it for looks that is another issue.....

Good point about the shocks/struts.

I would upgrade those first and see how you like it. I like my Bilsteins for handling, but they aren't the best for drag launching.

Subframes make a Huge difference, most people will agree that your first mod should be subframe connectors. The full length ones are the best, i have them and love them.

As far as weight, the added weight is minimal and shouldn't even be taken in consideration when you weigh out the benefits.

Subframes make a Huge difference, most people will agree that your first mod should be subframe connectors. The full length ones are the best, i have them and love them.

As far as weight, the added weight is minimal and shouldn't even be taken in consideration when you weigh out the benefits.

I believe they only weigh about 30lbs total and as you stated, the benefits far outweigh that.