SUBJ:Power steering lines: braided hose and fitting sizes? HELP PLEASE

Of course, I first ran a search...found nothing, so here is my post.
I'm dumb because I routed one of my power steering lines too close to my LT headers and one cooked and blew on me. First question...will I damamge the pump if I leave it installed and run the car with no fluid? I know it'll be a bitch to steer, but can I still drive the car (This incident happened in my driveway...so I haven't moved it since) NEXT..."Russell" makes some heavy duty braided lines with liike 2000psi ratings and AN fittings. I figure, but the strongest lines in and never worry about them again..thing is...I can't find any information on line sizes and fitting sizes. I would buy a kit if I could find one anywhere. I really need to get this fixed ASAP. Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

The hoses for the PS system use a funny looking O ring seal on the fitting ends. I don't think you'll be able to find AN style hose and fittings that will mate to the PS pump & rack.

I drove 27 miles once with no fluid in the pump and it lived. That was more than 6 months ago. It is still working, but it is noisy. I will make no promises for the continued life of my pump or yours after being driven with no fluid.

jrichker said:
The hoses for the PS system use a funny looking O ring seal on the fitting ends. I don't think you'll be able to find AN style hose and fittings that will mate to the PS pump & rack.

Does anyone else know if there is a braided kit out there? I would love to have braided lines for my power steering pump!!!!