Suggestions on a DD

+1 svt focus, one ran hard with me when i had my sleeper vr6 gti:D...i only started to pull on it after 80mph, and he probably got 5-8mpg better than me, i know they get 25mpg+ on a sharty day...

my next dd victims choices: must get 25mpg in the city and over 30 on the highway PERIOD....
also consider a mazdaspeed protege....:shrug: ford in disguise,turbo, takes to mods easy..... and still gets good gas mileage...

im looking into getting a mazdaspeed, WRX!!!!!!, or a4 1.8t,,,,i want a turbo and i have to have a 4cyclinder.
oh yeah but my budget will proabbly put me in a civic :( but 35+mpg highway :))

• Sponsors (?)

The SVT Focus isnt particularly fast, but its quick as or a little quicker than a stock 2:73 AOD 5.0.:rolleyes: It can get to the top of the tach fast with its 6 speed, and it handles and brakes well so it makes it a fun to drive car.

OK fellas, this is the one I'm looking at:

CarMax Car Detail

I drove a black one today, and it was beautiful but it smelled like smoke really bad. The sports appearance package is VERY cool, but I haven't seen any of those used. I was actually impressed with the 4-cylinder, it had more kick than I thought the smaller engine would. The car also had a very good, solid, quality feel. :nice:

IDK ryan.. i had an 01 exploder sport with the 4.0 (my year was the first with the 5 speed auto trans though) and i was seeing 24mpg with that baby.. I loveddddddd it...

Damn tree came outa nowhere :rolleyes:

lol that sucks man. i killed a cat today:( it DID come out of no where. :shrug:

so then...i claybared the exploder.

i see about 300 to a tank. so around 22mpg. not bad for the 4.0 v6 imo. its a nice daliy driver. really is. i like it.

explorerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

came out pretty nice imo.

Since that Crown Vic doesnt have a big grill area I thought it was the deflector like we have on our cars, except I thought he detailed it real nice and good with tire shine. Thats what I thought at first glance because its a night shot it really blends in with the tire over there.

Some deep dish wheels in the back would set it off.

lol that sucks man. i killed a cat today:( it DID come out of no where. :shrug:

so then...i claybared the exploder.

i see about 300 to a tank. so around 22mpg. not bad for the 4.0 v6 imo. its a nice daliy driver. really is. i like it.

explorerrrrrrrrrrrrrr.jpg

came out pretty nice imo.

Came out real nice mang!! :nice: Let me tell you, for a DD, you can't go wrong with one. I really wish i hadden't wrecked it, actually i'll dig up some pics and post em up. Hit a tree head on going about 55 right on the driver side.. pretty bad haha

Me too, I almost talked Lazer into buying one.

Only the optional european package like the one above came with the HID's, the rims you see, all black heated leather recaros, heated mirrors, and anything else that was optional on the regular FSVT.

I don't know what it is, i don't care they they aren't that fast, just that it's an SVT product and i think its pretty bad ass.. 6 speed too :nice: My next DD will be one, or an xB.. the older style that looks more "boxish" :D

Man, if you were closer to NJ, I could put you in this Fusion...I used to sell at this dealership and could hook you up with the best sales guy there...its an SEL with 36k for just under $15k.

Vehicle Detail Page

Man, that is a really nice car. I'm loving the color and the wheels.

my good friend has a 93 p71 interceptor and he loves. it check it :

crownvicfront2.jpg

he was proud to see the panther rockin the mileage.

Yea, I wish mine was an interceptor. If I could find a good deal on another Vic (interceptor), I'd probably scoop it up. You can't beat how reliable those cars are, and I already know everything there is to know about them after driving mine for 5 years. Really not too hard to work on.

Even after how much I enjoyed the Fusion, I still am seriously considering a Focus. I want to have plenty of money left over for the Fox, right?

another for the fusion, i have the sport appearance package and it well worth the extra money except your lmiited on the colors you can choose from. I'm content with mine though, there a pic in my sig to give an idea of the SAP

Well folks, I did end up getting a Fusion, and I'm very happy with it. With my heavy foot, the little 2.3L gets around 24mpg on average (30+ highway), stoplight to stoplight and traffic jams galore. It has a mp3-compatible 6-disk changer, Merlot Clearcoat Metallic paint (beautiful in person) and a Medium Light Stone and Charcoal Black two-tone cloth interior. It is a 2006, but only had 18k on the odo, and the car is PERFECT, in fact I actually put the first scratch on it myself loading the mt. bike on the back (not shown in this picture). :nonono:

Dig the camera phone pictures. More to come when I actually use a real camera.

Fusion1.jpg

I tried to get a shot of the metallic paint in the sun, but it didn't turnout great, and all you can really see is the trees in the reflection.

Fusionpaint.jpg

Anybody with good ideas on what to replace the tacky "Carmax" license plate with?

P.S. This is what they have me rolling in while the Fusion gets a new set of keys made. Full leather, two-setting memory automatic drivers seat, flip down dvd, the big V8, AWD, dual climate zones, backup sensors, etc. Pimpin aint easy. But when its pulling 12-13 mpg around town, I'm glad I bought the Fusion.

Mercury Mountaineer Premier

Mountaineer.jpg