Sunroof Weatherstrip (one on the glass)

I just got my sunroof weatherstrip in the other day. When I pulled the old one off, the seam where the 2 ends meet was in the middle of the sunroof towards the front of the car.

My Q is.... is there a reason why the joint is at the front as opposed to the back of the sunroof? I was going to install the new one with the seam towards the back of the car. My thinking is less wind noise will get through with it being at the back then the front. Any reason I shouldnt do this?

Whats the correct way?

• Sponsors (?)

No joke. That price is such a rip-off. I put mine on w/ the seam in the back as well. While you have the sunroof out, it's a great time to sand it and give it a quick shot of fresh paint, too. Made a big difference on mine.

CarFreakGT said:
No joke. That price is such a rip-off. I put mine on w/ the seam in the back as well. While you have the sunroof out, it's a great time to sand it and give it a quick shot of fresh paint, too. Made a big difference on mine.

being done today, I just have to run out and grab some paint. My old seal was so worn that when I took it off it crumbled.

Yeah, that price is a serious rip off.

If you have access to a sand blaster, I'd suggest taking the metal trim off and blasting it. I had some surface rust between the metal and glass on mine, and it cleaned right up. It's time consuming to seal back up though.

was all of your sunroof's leaking when it rained. I know mine leakes like crazy if the car sits out in the rain for a long time and it drips on my seats :-( How easy is the new weatherstripping install? how long does it take? i really need to do it to mine, its all cracked and sh/t. thanks

ninety15.0 said:
was all of your sunroof's leaking when it rained. I know mine leakes like crazy if the car sits out in the rain for a long time and it drips on my seats :-( How easy is the new weatherstripping install? how long does it take? i really need to do it to mine, its all cracked and sh/t. thanks

I dont think the weatherstrip on the glass has anything to do with it leaking. Its either dripping through the bolt holes or through the body seal.