Super 40 interior drone

nickthegenius

Dec 23, 2002
Elwood, IN
Anyone swapped a set of 40-series for Super 40s? Hows the drone? I'm thinking about swapping my Magnaflows for Super 40s after I get my cams installed because IMHO nothing sounds sweeter than a cammed car with chambered mufflers :D

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I just read through a bunch of posts. Many people asked the question but out of all the questions I only found one guy that answered that he had them and it was better than regular 40s. All the rest were specualting about the subject citing Flowmasters promotional ads, etc.

nickthegenius said:
Yeah, I just read through a bunch of posts. Many people asked the question but out of all the questions I only found one guy that answered that he had them and it was better than regular 40s. All the rest were specualting about the subject citing Flowmasters promotional ads, etc.
that the way it usually works out unfortunately. tons of people who "know" something but only a couple who really have experience with the issue.

i've ridden in a car with flowmaster super 40's and i've heard the car drive by as well. it sounds great driving by, but IMO the drone would get pretty annoying during long distance drives. now i have never driven with my bud for a really long time so i can't be sure though. personally, i'm leaning towards magnaflow's magnapack cat-back right now..with maybe some borla's welded in later on down the road..

call flowmaster directly. They told me they are the same sound as the 40's but no drone. They are supposed to have better flow too. I have the 40's and would not change for anything. I love the drone! super 40's are not any louder .

I would contact flowmaster. maybe you could convince them to go make an interior level clip to put on thier site. that would me nice. that is why I don't run flow anymore just got sick of the drone. I used to just crank the stereo but now that I am old and married I like to be able to tell my wife what to do without having to repeat myself.

Ive got the Super40's.
The drone is definatly there, but not that bad.
If you stand outside my Stang is sound great! Loud and Throaty!
Of course the drone is apparent around 2000 rpms's
Keep in mind I have 4.10's :hail2: and usually rev higher than 2000
at all times except in 5th in the city which is more like 1500 and there is NO
sound at all from the Super40's.
So far they're great!
I can't compare them to the original 40's cause I've never heard them
in a car before.
The only thing I don't like is that when the drone appears it also
is felt on my feet through the floor :notnice: