Supercharged Fox Dies Under Load

Chrisb123

Mar 6, 2016
Miami
Ok fixed alternator issue now battery is keeping a charge, but I still
Have no power from 1800-2000 rpm it's like if I had no gas stutters and fails horribly... In park the car revs perfectly fine today I changed the coil, plugs, cap and rotor, film module on dist.. No change in performance someone told me it was the fuel
Pump failing under load... Can someone who has had these symptoms please help

1991 5.0
Powerdyne supercharger
77mm mas air
70mm throttle body
Edelbrok performer rpm heads
Gt 40 intake
1.7 rockers
Steeds # 19 cam
24lbs injector
Msd dist
Walboro 255lph
3G alt

• Sponsors (?)

Problem solved dropped tank again changed out pump and BINGO!!!! Also painted the tank shield in wrinkle black which now looks brand new (it was a good day)

But the alternator isn't charging it's a 3G but it's eating batteries like cookies, voltage on the dash is at the "L" very low I thought is was maintaining at the "A" but it just keeps dipping, also very low power in first gear rolling and oth could it be caused by too low of voltage in the system?

I have also noticed that the cars previous owners apparently had like one of those "ghetto rigged" sound systems and kill switches there are old relays all under the dash that are not being used, looks like they where connected amps or to speakers, there are wires which have been just cut, could these relays and wires be causing a drain on the battery ?

Thanks for everyone's help