Supercharger fitment question

bluesteel1969

Oct 18, 2009
Hi, I am new to the forum, and have a question regarding Vortech superchargers. I have a 95 5.0 which is fairly modded. I have an opportunity to buy a used Vortech S trim kit for a 1998 at a very good price. It comes complete with aftercooler. My question is, how much would I need to replace in order to make this kit work for my car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Hi, I am new to the forum, and have a question regarding Vortech superchargers. I have a 95 5.0 which is fairly modded. I have an opportunity to buy a used Vortech S trim kit for a 1998 at a very good price. It comes complete with aftercooler. My question is, how much would I need to replace in order to make this kit work for my car? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I bought one for a 92 used and it was going to cost me about 1,000 to get the stuff threw vortech. Maybe they were lying to me.

Also that one may be different. I just remember the problems i had when i didn't get the right year one. I ended up trading it for h/c/i set up.

I bought one for a 92 used and it was going to cost me about 1,000 to get the stuff threw vortech. Maybe they were lying to me.

Also that one may be different. I just remember the problems i had when i didn't get the right year one. I ended up trading it for h/c/i set up.

I may just try and call Vortech and see if they will give me a straight answer, but I'm not too optimistic...

don't do it. i'm pretty sure not a damn thing will work from that kit. its for a completely different engine, so none of the brackets or piping will work. the aftercooler is going to be a paper weight as you can't duct the thing into the system. and i think its a reverse blow design meaning that it spins the opposite direction.

do not even give this consideration. repeat do not do it. you'll just be wasting your money.

get a kit for a 94-95 and be done with it. or you can get a 87-93 kit and switch to a fox throttle body and then buy the proper brackets. by the time you get the fox kit to mount up, you'll probably spend more than just buying a 94-95 kit.

Thanks for the info guys, that's what I was afraid of. That info will save me a lot of money, time, and headaches, thank you. I'll just be patient and wait for a uses 94/95 to come around.

check on the corral classifieds. theres always tons of stuff on there.

Funny you mention that, I hadn't been there before, but I checked it out last night. I found a Vortech S trim complete for my car for 1,400. The guy is probably only about an hour away from me. I joined the forum so I could immediately respond, unfortunately there seems to be a waiting period for the moderator to approve you to verify you're not there for spamming. I don't know how long it takes before I can reply to a thread, but that deals going to be gone quick.