Supercharger high miles

My car was totalled back in December. Since then I've bought a 95 GT hardtop in great shape I got a great deal that I just couldn't pass up. My plan is to drop in a 347 eventually make a about 425hp NA. It'll be a while before I get the cash together to do it the way I want. Right now the mods done are gears, aluminum drive shaft, contol arms and cold air intake. Other than that its bone stock.

Here's the problem, I can't stand to hardly drive the thing because its slower than hell. Im thinking about moding the motor to satisfy my crave for speed but I'm having second thoughts about adding my supercharger because the car has 156K on the clock. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Keep in mind to get 425HP N/A at the wheels is a tough task. You will need real aggressive parts to get there and even then its not a guarantee. You can mirror this combo since he's flying.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/index.php

Save the money since the mileage is high. The motor can take a blower but the weak point is the rings. Yank the motor when money permits and build a nice foundation.

VibrantRedGT said:
Keep in mind to get 425HP N/A at the wheels is a tough task. You will need real aggressive parts to get there and even then its not a guarantee. You can mirror this combo since he's flying.
http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2005/02/YellowFever/index.php

Save the money since the mileage is high. The motor can take a blower but the weak point is the rings. Yank the motor when money permits and build a nice foundation.

What kind of rwhp are you making with your set up? And thanks for the link thats exactly what im interested in doing.

I've had my supercharger (Powerdyne with 9 lb pulley seeing 5 psi on the dyne) on my 94 Cobra with 129k miles, put the supercharger on at 125k (not a daily driver). I am making 350 rwhp. No problems so far. If this was my daily driver, which it was for 3 years, or money was a large concern, then I would not have put it on. It will shorten the life of the motor, how long is anyones guess, but will depend on the tune a lot & how much power & boost you are making. I have a spare block for futrure plans on a stroker, just saving the money & colletcing parts now.