Suspension advice!

You may think handz IA a moron but FWIW if I had to make a choice between UPR and Maximum Motorsports, I'd choose MM every time. MM stuff is incredibly high quality and IMO their parts are better for an all around performance perspective (handling, ride quality, and strip performance) .

Not everyone has the funds for a full setup of MM suspension. Personally, I love MM too, but they are very expensive. UPR makes high quality stuff with reasonable prices. Sure, everyone wants to add MM to their sig, but at the end of the day, the UPR products will get you down the track just as fast.

• Sponsors (?)

:sigh:

Really guys?

Alright, once again I will go into this. I have drove my car more than most. I have drove it from Russellville Arkansas to Fishkill, NY and back, then from Russellville, Ar to Plymouth, PA and back, then to Myrtle Beach, SC and back, and to Knoxville, TN and back and several other numerous trips. My car had 12x,xxx when I bought it. As of right now, it has 164,xxx. The UPR rear suspension went on the car within 1,000 miles of me owning the car. I have ran the car a ridiculous amount of times at the race track also.

So, I have proven that UPR rear suspension can withstand the daily driving abilities, as I put over 40k miles in 1.5 year on my car.

My next question is a short, simply question, that I am sure will get a lot of argument from. Post up your best 60ft times. I know people are going to bring in tires, power, and whatnot into the argument. I am simply asking you to post up your best 60ft times, your power, and your tire. Then I will post up mine. Because I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE you that my 60ft times will be better than EVERY SINGLE ONE of you guys who are trying to say that MM products are better than UPR's.

I will tell you what, I will go ahead and post my 60ft times and power levels just so that people wont say that I have lied about them.

275/40/17 Riken Raptor's. Dyno'd 350/420. 60ft times - 1.70.
315/35/17 Nitto 555R drag radials. 350/420. 60ft times - 1.65
275/50/15 Mickey Thompson drag radials. Dyno'd 420/480. 60ft times - 1.57
26x10.5/15 Mickey Thomspon ET slicks. dyno'd 420/480. 60ft times - 1.47

So, Maximum motorsport guys, lets see those better 60ft times.

Oh and BTW. When I went to Mustang Week this past summer. I have a buddy with an 03 GT that has MM lower control arms. He had to hang out in Myrtle beach for an extra 5 days because his bushings on his MM lower control arms were shot and was waiting on MM to send him replacent bushings. hmmm. It sure is crazy. My bushings still look fine to this day.....

I never said you'd get better 60' times with an MM set-up so your question is pointless. Why don't you reread my last post again because it in no way contradicts what you said here.

If you want to bring miles into the equation I have 80,000 miles on my MM LCA's and over 40k miles on their FLSFC's.

I've cut a 1.82 with 310 rwhp/330 ft-lbs of torque. Full weight (3600 pounds), stock 3.27 rear gears, stock stall converter (leaving at 1700 rpm), and stock suspension other than Bullitt lowering springs and Tokico shocks and struts.

60' times are a completely pointless way to compare suspensions unless we are talking equal weight cars making the same power with the same gears on the same tires. I have gone over this argument several times with folks on other forums: I could spend $3000 on a FULL UPR drag suspension setup, and I would gain NOTHING without a converter and rear gear change. It just isn't making the torque on the wheels to cut a faster 60'.

I will speak up for someone I know repping MM. He has a FULL MM suspension, front and rear, H&R lowering springs, with Bilstein shocks/struts. Full weight (3450), 280 rwhp, 300 rwtq, 4.10s, drag radials, and he has cut very low 1.7s. As I alluded to in the paragraph above, this was power limited, not tire or suspension limited. He could have easily cut 1.6s (or maybe better) if he was making more than 280 rwhp... AND, on top of drag racing, he'll go to and competitively compete in autocrosses and HDPEs. All the while driving it 20k miles a year....comfortably.

I don't think anyone here thinks, or has even alluded to, that MM is better at the drag strip than UPR; you're gonna be hard pressed to prove that. It is of my opinion, based on personal experiences (through good friend's cars), that MM builds suspension parts that are more rounded and suited for a wider variety of events. It might not cut the fastest 60' times at the track (might being the key word), but it will perform very well in pretty much any situation you put it in. 99.9% of people driving Mustangs will absolutely NOT be able to take advantage of a marginal increase in straight line performance of UPR over MM.

My bushings still look fine to this day.....

You don't wanna go there.....

Bazingo. Hit the nail on the head.

and pissing match to begin in

Nice post there N8Dogg98! :nice:

I agree completely!
:fuss:Where the hell is the pissin' smilie.

Uhhhh, in spite of whose got the best suspension settup; the O.p. does not want too stiff of a suspension, the chasis need to flex; to stiff of a suspension, the car will rip something completely out with the right horses. Upper control arms might be left to the straight line driving.

Not to mention w/o longer Ball-joints and offset steering rack bushings tremeling is gonna be hell on some "High-end" soft rubber radials if the car is lowered 1.5 or more.

Bill Putnam proved many years ago UPR could handle daily driving and abuse at the drag strip. I wouldn't hesitate using UPR for that. With that being said I wouldn't use it for any form of spirited cornering. That is just my opinion. I have never owned a UPR piece in my life. I have however owned/currently own many MM pieces. I can attest to the heft MM caries. If I was building a drag only car I would go with the cheapest route. I don't see any difference between UPR and other brands of control arms.

SVE
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com...-Tubular-Rear-Upper-And-Lower-Control-Arm-Kit

GMS
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-gms-upper-lower-rear-control-arms.html

UPR
http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-99-elite-control-arm-kit.html

I am sure the UPR weighs less but really there isn't must difference in the design.

I researched for over a year before buying any of my suspension. I sat down and planned what I wanted for the car, looked at prices and options. I DON'T daily my car. I came up with a few things I felt were necessary for me. I picked the products that fit those needs.