Suspension help

95BLKGT5.0

Founding Member
Mar 18, 2002
Auburn Washington
I am about to do some suspension work on my car.<?***:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
I have a 95 Mustang GT with 110,000 miles on it the car is mostly a street
car with plans to go to the track a few times (Road & Drag). I am replacing my
A arms with new updated 03 Cobras A arms I got for $136 with free shipping from http://www.johnbleakleyford.com and replacing the tie rod ends with
a MM bump steer kit that I got for $45 from a guy who totaled his car before he could install them. My tie rods, ball joints and A arm bushings are shot. I want to lower the car at the same time I am doing the other work. I will be buying MM Caster/Camber plates, Steeda sport springs, Urethane Pinion snubber, Front and rear Spring Isolators and Urethane steering-Rack bushing. I have new Tokico struts and shocks that have 5000 miles on them. I plan on buying Bilsteins and MM Full
Length Subframe connectors when I have the money for them.
<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
I was told by MM that you should only need a bump steer kit if you plan on installing an aftermarket K-member or if you plan on using a very aggressive alignment. He also said to keep in mind that the car will need to have a bump steer alignment done after the typical alignment in order to get things set up properly. Not every shop who conducts alignments knows how to bump steer a car either.<o:p></o:p>
I am hoping someone who has changed there tie rods to a bump steer kit can explain bump steer to me. Also any advice, tips or articles on doing the suspension work.<o:p></o:p>
Do I have everything?:shrug: <o:p></o:p>
Is this a good set up?:shrug: <o:p></o:p>

• Sponsors (?)

As far as the alignment with the bumpsteer, I just put mine on and took it to a shop right away. Paid $100 and I think it's well worth it especially if you're like me and don't know much about suspension geometry, caster and camber and stuff like that. Good luck though, maybe someone else can give you some good info if you want to do the alignment yourself.