Suspicious Seller on SN Classifieds

NKau

Founding Member
Dec 15, 2001
Jefferson, WI
Don't know if this sounds peculiar to any of you guys, but there is a guy with some saleen wheels, a saleen/vortech intake, and a 3.8 supercharger for sale on the SN classifieds. Stuff seems to be priced at about half what it should be. I inquired about the wheels, sent a credit card payment through paypal after he agreed to sell me the wheels, then he immediately refunded my payment saying he had a problem with his paypal account. Cool. I asked him if he'd be OK doing COD through Fedex or UPS, to which he responded "I'll check into it and let you know."

Sound strange to anyone else?

• Sponsors (?)

Don't do the deal! I ha d a similar situation where paypal refunded my money to me b/c of suspected fraud. Turned out the guy was buying stuff through paypal with stolen credit cards as well as accepting payments for non-existant merchandise. He also tried to get me to send a COD or check after the paypal funds got bounced back to me. Be careful.

Don't do the deal! I ha d a similar situation where paypal refunded my money to me b/c of suspected fraud. Turned out the guy was buying stuff through paypal with stolen credit cards as well as accepting payments for non-existant merchandise. He also tried to get me to send a COD or check after the paypal funds got bounced back to me. Be careful.

Thanks. Kind of what I think is going on. The items he is selling are priced at roughly 1/3 street value, and he has not e-mailed ever since I told him I would not buy the wheels without doing it COD.

http://classifieds.stangnet.com/showproduct.php?product=45963&cat=8

Guess it's a good thing I didn't go through with it..........