SVT lightning

Ok, I've read what alot of what you guys have said about the L. Let me say this I own a 2001 Lightning and it is an absolute blast to own. I have always loved the mustang but since I've had my L it's hard to leave it alone. There are tons of mods out there for it. But in stock trim it will out run any stock gt, not so much in the twistys but on the staight aways the L will hammer the mustang. A few mods can take care of the handling problems. Now gas milleage sucks, about 14-18 mpg if you can stay out of the boost, good luck. As far as towing, it can handle it, it can tow as much as a standard f150 and I know of several guys who use their's just for this. If you want more answers from guys who own them just go to NLOC.com or SVTperformance.com and see what some of the guys have to say about it. These trucks are addictive and alot of fun to drive. Here's a shot of mine.

100_7323.jpg

Attachments

• 100_7323.jpg
    100_7323.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 52
  • Sponsors (?)

Ok, I've read what alot of what you guys have said about the L. Let me say this I own a 2001 Lightning and it is an absolute blast to own. I have always loved the mustang but since I've had my L it's hard to leave it alone. There are tons of mods out there for it. But in stock trim it will out run any stock gt, not so much in the twistys but on the staight aways the L will hammer the mustang. A few mods can take care of the handling problems. Now gas milleage sucks, about 14-18 mpg if you can stay out of the boost, good luck. As far as towing, it can handle it, it can tow as much as a standard f150 and I know of several guys who use their's just for this. If you want more answers from guys who own them just go to NLOC.com or SVTperformance.com and see what some of the guys have to say about it. These trucks are addictive and alot of fun to drive. Here's a shot of mine.

Thanks this is what I have been trying to say and I think it is nloc.net.

I have a 93 Lightning, they tow great, as opposed to the 99+ ones these tow 9,800 lbs and come with a class III hitch on them. They come with heavy duty cooling, (4 inch thick radiator, transmission and oil coolers), along with a thicker 4x2 plow frame and 4.10 gears. The engine never felt sluggish during a tow. There is a guy on nloc who tows his 9 second gen 1 lightning with his 10 second gen 1 lightning.

The SVT website used to list all performance data on all the models but now its only the 08 GT500.

Many Gen II's came with a class III tow hitch on them and all are quite capable of towing. I know quys who are towing everything from 20+' boats to full blown race cars with their L's. As a matter of fact I talked to a guy yesterday who tows his classic road track mustang with his 99' Lightning. Pretty sweet setup, a white L towing a white GT 350 on an open trailer. Wish I had some pics to post, didn't even give it a thought while I was talking to him.