Fox Switching To Electric Cooling Fan

gearheadboy

15 Year Member
Jan 15, 2003
Greencastle Pa
So along with all the other crap I am doing right now GT40 heads/Intake, reinstalling missing air conditioning, and a mountain of other stuff, I have been thinking about electric cooling fan upgrade. I know this has been beat to death but here are my WANTS and NEEDS. I am looking for advice and since the industry is ever changing I want current info.

So CHEAP is a goal. Looks good/stockish is a goal. (I hate the ones with the wire bundle/controller on the top) Keeps my AC cold and engine cool is a goal. Turns on and off by itself without a toggle or powered up with key on. I want on with AC and temp above xxx degrees, off below xxx degrees and with AC off. I don't care if it is dual or single fan. My question is what fan? What controller? Taurus still the thing? DCC controller? Ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

330-55002-000.jpg
THIS STYLE?

Last edited:
Taurus fan, dcc controller. Done

My exact set up. Works great, looks stock. And yes, it's the second fan posted that you want.

Had to get custom with my mounting options, but you'll figure it out. I was even able to retain my stock overflow bottle.

Another option is the V6 Ford Contour/Mercury Mystique/Mercury Cougar dual fan.

Pretty much takes up the whole radiator, but provides all the cooling your could ever possibly need. I run one on my 5.4L F150 and it works like a charm

ive seen guys trim 3/4" off the side that faces the radiator for more clearance to wp pulley, then use a slitted piece of vacuum line as a protection against the radiator, then use those lil ties that go through your radiator fins

Reactions: 1 user
Taurus fan- either one from the 3.0 or 3.6 will work, FAL 33054 Variable Speed soft touch controller. The DCC is nice but expect a month to wait for it. Other fan choice is the MKVII. I've used both- you need to trim more off the MKVII to make it fit, especially with a blower.

I'm also another happy user of the Taurus/DCC setup. I trimmed the fan shroud down so it sits flush with the radiator. When you hook up any kind of controller, use the high speed wire and not the low speed one.

Reactions: 1 user