Sylvania Silver Star bulbs

Stangrider

Founding Member
Jun 29, 2001
Las Vegas, NV
Has anyone put these (9007ST) bulbs on their 99-04 Mustang? Just looking for feedback on how they are cuz I'm thinking of buying some. The stock halogens don't do jack for some of the local streets here in Vegas. I guess these "silver stars" are supposed to be even brighter than their "cool blue" lights.

thanks for any info!

• Sponsors (?)

i like them since they're white instead of yellow
but i don't know if that's worth $40 (though I paid $30, $10 rebate)

i had the fogs, they were great until they blew due to a defect. sylvania fixed it and released them.

The stock halogens tend to have that nasty yellowish tint... upgrading to the silverstars gives it a noticeably brighter look and a very mild bluish hue to it.

Visibility is enhanced a lot. Happened to be my first mod so I would obssess over driving at night... haha... how pathetic.

I still need to get the fogs, but yeah. Cheap, easy to install. Worth it I'd say.

SunburstGoldGT said:
If i remeber correctly they dont have them for our part number i think its 889? But they do have some that work in the sockets i think its 883, these numbers cold be entirely wrong but i think thats what i remember.
893 for foglights.

I tried the Silver Stars on my 04 and took them back within an hour. Not only where the neglibly brighter than stock, they also screwed the lightning system up. On normal beam, it would shut off my fog lights, and the hi-beam indicator was on in the car. Switched it over to high beam fog lights came back on but the head lamps were so dim that they were useless. Dunno :shrug:

I broke down and got the Xenon lights for the head lamps and fog lights. Looks really cool and also is a bit brighter.

I just 'upgraded' from the stock lights.

1st i had the stock lights
2nd i had the cool blue xenons, which in my opinion were crap
3rd the xenons exploded (even though i wore powder free gloves when installing em, and never touched or tapped the bulb on anything....)
4th i reinstalled stock
5th i got the sylvania's and adjusted my headlights to point a bit further up via a 1/4 inch hex key. and now i have like daylight visibility at night. Even though my headlights are probably illegal (due to me turning them up so high... heh).

I have the silver stars and they work great, I had to adjust my beams one was up one was down so I got them level and then bumped them up just abit I have been flashed the brights by on coming drivers but that was only because I was getting on it just normal accel and oncomings dont flash brights. I definetly recommend them.

I have the Sylvania Silverstar Bulbs 9007 ST/2. They're alright but as far as visibility it increased a little it for me but it didn't really help the distance the lights flood. Basically the white light allows you to see more than yellow lights within the scope of the lights.

tl75keith & apk1971, which part number for the silver star foglight bulbs? Any problems with the lighting system as mentioned by UVBNHAD? I called Sylvania and the rep said they didn't have one...?

DarkShadowGT, yeah you're right about it suckin when it's 100+ outside! I'm glad it's cooling down to what...87-90 now?? LOL! You going to that stang show on Fremont Street in October?

Thanks for the replies, everyone!

sounds like i need some silverstars. I don't remember what bulbs i bought at walmart but they were expensive. anyways, I didn't really see any difference, and i was very carefull installing, yet one blew out in 3 days, so I took them back and have been using stock ever since.

Stangrider said:
tl75keith & apk1971, which part number for the silver star foglight bulbs? Any problems with the lighting system as mentioned by UVBNHAD? I called Sylvania and the rep said they didn't have one...?

I bought a set of 893 Silverstar bulbs for my fog lights. The manual says to use 880 bulbs, members on Stangnet claim their car had 893 bulbs, and mine came from the factory with 899 bulbs...? Ford Quality. I went with 893 because they are supposedly a wee bit brighter than the 880.

I installed them 8/7/04 and so far - no problems with the lighting system. <<knocking on wood>>

:nice:

jrc_03_gt said:
can u get silverstars at a walmart or meijer?

Walmart is cheapest, if they have the bulbs. I bought the headlamps from PepBoys and the Fogs off eBay.

While you are at it, change the fog lenses to Diamond Clear Lenses and adjust the beams up to flow all together (heads and fogs). That will help throw even more light...!