Sync problems

stanmckinney

10 Year Member
Mar 30, 2005
I have a 2010 Mustang GT and use my ipod each and every day with no problems. My wife has a new 2011 Fusion. I gave her my ipod which worked perfectly in my Mustang. Her sync system says speech commands not available. A Sync tech blamed the problem on Apple.
But I have read on many forums that there is a problem with the newer Sync systems including Mustangs.
Anyone else having a problem with speech commands for an ipod?
Any fixes other than pulling the fuse on a regular basis to do a hard reset of the sync system?

• Sponsors (?)

This might not be the issue but my stupid ass had a problem with it the other day ,I have two I pods, both nanos, the flat square one and the rectangular one and it would not play for me or nor did the voice command pick it up. the problem was that I have to have the ear plugs plugged into the ipod if not it will not play or get detected by the sync, because the ipod pauses when the head phones come off but with my wife's classic you can play it with out the head phones so if this applies try that.

That's not the problem. It works fine in my 2010 Mustang not in her 2011 Fusion. This problem apparently is common to Sync systems built in 2011 and for 2012 models. They apparently work OK for awhile and then develop problems.

Hi stanmckinney,

There is a known intermittent voice recognition concern with 2011 MY vehicles. Your wife's Fusion would fall under this category. There is an update available at the dealership now, but if you prefer to wait, there will be a USB update available on SYNCMyRide.com in the weeks to come. This update will help to resolve the intermittent voice recognition concern, and reduce the "speech commands not available" message.

chile02,

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue! Thank you for the feedback.

~Natasha

Thanks for the info. My dealer today told me, though, that he knows nothing about this.
Is there a reference number or something that I can give him so he will know what I am talking about.

Hi stanmckinney,

There is a known intermittent voice recognition concern with 2011 MY vehicles. Your wife's Fusion would fall under this category. There is an update available at the dealership now, but if you prefer to wait, there will be a USB update available on SYNCMyRide.com in the weeks to come. This update will help to resolve the intermittent voice recognition concern, and reduce the "speech commands not available" message.

chile02,

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue! Thank you for the feedback.

~Natasha

What update? The only ones i've come across are on FMC.com 10B20 and the 11-04-18 but those are for MyTouch vehicles built before 3/29/11. We just found a corrupted iPod causing similar issues in a 2011 Escape.

stanmckinney and SpartaPerformance,

You can have your dealer reference TSB 11-6-9.

~Natasha

Natasha

I'm new to forum & to Ford.

You are first ever that I saw represent a company.
May I say you are doing a UNREAL job!

I just ordered my Mustang Convertible on 6/22.
I've own many makes & models & I'm so looking forward to Ford.
If Ford is anywhere as good as you are showing for the CO. I hit a WINNER!

Hi Barry626,

Welcome to the Ford family!! Thank you for the positive feedback, it is appreciated. Congrats on your upcoming Mustang!! I would love to help track your vehicle. Feel free to send me a PM with your order number. If you have a receipt from your dealer, you should have an order number. It is usually 4 digits, 3 numbers and 1 letter, or just 4 numbers. Please include your dealer code or dealer name and state. I'm looking forward to assisting you in the journey of waiting. I promise to make it as enjoyable as possible!

~Natasha

Natasha I am the dealer PA 03717. LOL Anyway that TSB sounds exactly like the 11-04-18 but for basic SYNC without the MyTouch. Thanks for the info, although I haven't had any customers come in with that issue yet this will help. :nice:

Tommy

Hi Tommy!

Glad I could help make it easier for you and your customers. :) Please don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything else I can assist with.

~Natasha