T-56 Trans in GT

Weaponrider

Jun 30, 2005
Ohio
Ok I have a 2002 GT that i mostly stock with 62500 miles on it. I recently lost my 3rd and 4th gears while driving home. I thoght of fixing the problem and saving money but i think it is gonna me more of a hassle. I plan on putting a T-56 in my car but im not sure on which one to go with. I am also planning on making the car low 12 sec. and wanted to start from the back forward but now im in the middle. Would a T-56 be a good idea, and if so which modle?

• Sponsors (?)

i'd say if all you want is low twelves, just get the cobra one, it should hold up to that no problem. good gas milage will come from all of them, but i think its either the viper, or vette one who has the lowest(highest) 6th gear, and im leaning towards it being the vette one. d&dperformance.com would be a good place to check for that infromation. don or don jr. would be who to ask questions to, they are both very helpful, and own the company. hopefully i helped.

rob

well it is more what kind of torque you will be making. the cobra 10 spline t-56 is good 450LBS of torque.

the viper t-56 is good for 550lbs but is like $3600 for the swap kit without clutch.

the overdrive and first gear is different between the two.

it is an easier swap to go to one othe tko 5speeds as you don't have to deal with the the reverse lockout solinoid. the cobra t-56 only has a .62 6th same as the tr-3650. the viper has a .50 so you would need 4.10 or better to ever use 6th much.

go to tremecs site and look up the ratios. the tko 600 is a wide ratio tranny like the t-45 tr-3650. the tko 600 is a close ratio trany and with the right rear gear I think would be sweet. bit higher first gear but a bit lower 5th so you never have the ratio gaps.

I am trying to decide betten the cobra t-56 and the tko 600. the viper t-56 is too much money for me.