SN95 T.b Upgrade

• Sponsors (?)

yup, that's an awfully large TB if everything else is stock. but if you already have it, you're going to want to port the TB opening on your intake to match because it's more than likely only 70mm at the largest. That ridge created from the port difference is going to cause turbulence issues. It would definitely benefit you to upgrade your MAF as well. It's a good rule of thumb to have a larger MAF than throttle body. Everything else will be fine.

Eh, in that case if you can't exchange it for something else or a 65mm TB, slap it on, tell her it made a huge difference, and call it a day

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I take it your married with that mind set. Probably the reason I'm not. (LOL) She told me this morning she ordered it from Am. Muscle, so maybe I can return it. 8f not I think I'll take your advise. Thanks for the help." KEEP ON STANGIN"
He's in training for the ball and chain challenge. I think he has paid for the ring.:nonono:

yup, that's an awfully large TB if everything else is stock. but if you already have it, you're going to want to port the TB opening on your intake to match because it's more than likely only 70mm at the largest. That ridge created from the port difference is going to cause turbulence issues. It would definitely benefit you to upgrade your MAF as well. It's a good rule of thumb to have a larger MAF than throttle body. Everything else will be fine.
So if I do port the intake and bolt it on, will there be any benefit? ( I mean besides keeping my girlfriend happy. Which is a good thing, I have to admit.)

You'll gain a tad bit but the nothing you'd notice in the seat of your pants. There's just not enough velocity with the stock heads and intake to reach that TB's potential. Since you have it, go ahead and throw it on. Just make an evening of it with a die grinder and open up the intake to match.

O.k thanks. If it can be returned, (and I think it can) will 65 or 70 be the best fit ?I've just gotten the car and don't know a whole lot about it. Supposidly all stock except C.A.I. and 410 gears, and I have my doubts about that. Just don't have that 410 ish jump off the line feel to it
Later on, when you do heads intake and can, the TB will be more useful

Sent from my big ass iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
Sounds like you're reading my mind with the other mods. Appreciate your time and input

i believe a 65mm is the largest that will fit a stock intake without having to open it up. I haven't had a stock intake in a long time so i can't verify that. Now that i think about it though, I don't think there is enough flange space to open up a stock intake to 75mm without losing too much of the sealing surface...

Honestly, you're not gonna see much benefit with a larger throttle body of any size. The SN95 intake is just far too restrictive. Like I said....better off buying a better intake, than a throttle body for the stocker.

i believe a 65mm is the largest that will fit a stock intake without having to open it up. I haven't had a stock intake in a long time so i can't verify that. Now that i think about it though, I don't think there is enough flange space to open up a stock intake to 75mm without losing too much of the sealing surface...
That was my concern also. I know once you start taking away the flange, sealing becomes an issue.

Honestly, you're not gonna see much benefit with a larger throttle body of any size. The SN95 intake is just far too restrictive. Like I said....better off buying a better intake, than a throttle body for the stocker.
O.k thanks. I didn't know the intake was that resstrictive. That's the reason I ask yall. My Dad always told me it was better to keep your mouth closed and have people think you were ignorant, than to open it and remove all doubt. "KEEP ON STANGIN"

Reactions: 1 users