T5 shifter handle (bearing) broken..allmost. Need help Id'ing this

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
I need to replace this piece ASAP! But I CANT find it or let alone find out what the hell the name of this part is. FYI, this is my V6, but it's still a T5 so I figured I'd ask the 5 oh guys. The piece i'm talking about is the piece that the STICK bolts on to. Theres a cover plate on top of the tranny with 4 bolts. In the middle of this plate is the lower half of the shift lever and a balljoint like bearing. Normally it is covered by a small rubber dust boot. I NEED the BEARING + the small shift lever piece, and of course the bushing on the inside.

I tried searching for this (BEARING) or plate and I can't find it. Found plenty of bushings and shorty shifters... but NO bearing or shifter lever. Long story short, water from long ago (years maybe) somehow got between the dust boot and the bearing is rusting out bad. Looks like its been wet for a long time..deep rust.. The stick has so much slop and play..its so loose its close to coming out of the bearing. Some help?

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know who has one. Is that what the actual part name is called? Friend of mine has a tranny, but not that handle base piece. the 5.0 base will fit the 3.8's T5 correct?

A 3.8 t5 is pretty much the same as a 5.0 t5.

You are talking about this peice on the left.....the entire shifter base.
steeda-tri-ax-shifter-01.jpg

You can find a stock fox one off eBay...or buy a performance shifter too if you wanted