Atlanta, Ga
IMAG1067.jpg
IMAG1070.jpg
IMAG1072.jpg
IMAG1076.jpg
IMAG1079.jpg
IMAG1080.jpg
IMAG1081.jpg
Installed the my new MGW T5 shifter, here are the pics of the orange handle. My polished silver one will be ready soon and I'll throw that one on tomorrow when I get. I think I will redo a smaller boot cover soon, we'll see. Love the tightness of the stick now, 3rd gear is hot now, super gearbanging time!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Thnx man, ....Its the Hurst "Large" ball, its 2.25 inches, I feel its too big. The Hurst small one is 1.90, but the ford logo balls and others are 2 1/8 and 2 inches which would feel perfect I think. Gotta place an order for a smaller ball soon. Gonna look into a white or black one to go with that polished one, we'll see what looks better.

Nice! looks very familiar because I had shifter out last week. I needed to add fluid to my tranny and unfortunately the little filler hole plug is stripped out on the side of the tranny. (Can't remove it)

So? Pour it down the shifter hole.LOL

Where did the boot come from? Did you make it? Or did it come with the shifter?
The shifter boot can be found cheap in the auto store, Hurst has the expensive ones but the cheap ones look great as well. Normally only 1 is sitting on the shelf at the stores, sometimes they have both the small one and bigger one, this one is the big one. I may just trim the front part near the radio so it can lay down a little better. I feel the flat top square boot helps promote the cool angle of the shifter lever unlike just a floppy boot material sagging. Hopefully starting a cool shifter trend hahaha!!

Last edited: