Taking off quads

• Sponsors (?)

smokin91' said:
Mine were on there for so long, that the bolt had rusted/siezed itself in the sleeve of the quadshock and when using the impact gun the bracket that the quad bolts to was twisting, so i said **** it and just cut the damn thing off. There was no way the impact gun was going to break it loose without breaking something on the car.

Just a little note if yours arent coming loose, this is probably the case. get some KYB's to replace the old stockers with, they are much better then the old ones.

you were both probably trying to turn the welded on nut, you need to take off the bolt from the back:lol: it helps when it's not welded on... I say keep the quads if possible, otherwise get lca's and then ditch them, but if you can have both, good.

blackstangt said:
you were both probably trying to turn the welded on nut, you need to take off the bolt from the back:lol: it helps when it's not welded on... I say keep the quads if possible, otherwise get lca's and then ditch them, but if you can have both, good.

No I am well aware that the nut on the front is welded on there and the bolt comes out from the back. Like I said the bolt was rusted in there, and was not coming out without breaking something on its way.