Progress Thread Tannerc91gt’s Build(s) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Recently ran into a Turbo Camaro guy with fender exit exhaust-he was rocking these tiny race bullet mufflers-slip fit style-with them off there was a noticeable difference.
I was surprised lol
Figured I’d mention just in case you need a slight silencer down the road
B4A6F919-786F-4D99-BDE5-6F36AA66C81D.png

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wlk-24249

Reactions: 1 user
Took over a week to get the cam swap mostly finished. Still need to hammer down the oil pan bolts and put the accessories back on.
Went ahead and tore into the pickup tube/pan setup trying to hunt down my oil pressure issues.
23CC0E3F-CA1E-44FF-ADDA-A8F873BD05CA.jpeg

No pinched o ring but I did find the pickup tube bolt down tab was contacting the windage tray and not fully seating so I think pan/pickup clearance could have been a hair tight. Also redrilled the motor mounts and moved the motor back 1”. Will have to redo the trans mount tabs again but driveshaft engagement is better and it gave the turbo some breathing room so I’ll call it a win.
Then I decided I’d go ahead and throw a new timing chain and dampener on while I had the front of the motor apart. Easily distracted as usual.
40D37F8A-F939-4201-8CB9-07C3EC18BE32.jpeg

It’s buttoned up enough to let it go back to sitting for a while

Reactions: 4 users
Damn fine thread. Just finished 75 pages. I have taken my original build thread car (over on Corral) and decided it had gotten out of hand as well for the chassis it is. So I did as you did, bought another car to build into more track oriented race car that can be driven on the street.

Reading through yours, I find tons of stuff I am already looking at. Like the solid state disconnect setup (with dual switches), the Leash Street/Strip board, and what looks like is the wiring harness kit from https://precisionfabandwire.com/main.sc , narrowed rear (mine is 48' flange to flange) with Billet Specialities 15x12 & 5.5bs though, on board air system, and other stuff.

Once I get my car out of the chassis shop, and I can get home to work on it I may need to start a build thread over here instead. Corral is dead!

Reactions: 2 users
Damn fine thread. Just finished 75 pages. I have taken my original build thread car (over on Corral) and decided it had gotten out of hand as well for the chassis it is. So I did as you did, bought another car to build into more track oriented race car that can be driven on the street.

Reading through yours, I find tons of stuff I am already looking at. Like the solid state disconnect setup (with dual switches), the Leash Street/Strip board, and what looks like is the wiring harness kit from https://precisionfabandwire.com/main.sc , narrowed rear (mine is 48' flange to flange) with Billet Specialities 15x12 & 5.5bs though, on board air system, and other stuff.

Once I get my car out of the chassis shop, and I can get home to work on it I may need to start a build thread over here instead. Corral is dead!
Sounds like a build I’d like to check out.
This forum really is the last of a dying breed unfortunately

Reactions: 1 user
Got the new end tank welded up on the intercooler. Also got the motor buttoned back up and the turbo kit bolted back on as well as the first coldside bend welded together.
A21DDDA3-1FBB-49AA-A063-EB56C356A6B4.jpeg
832FC9C4-979C-472F-87E4-7AE580CF4470.jpeg
051C95D1-8D2F-446D-91FE-F99A3CAC60AA.jpeg

Even had a visitor come out and check on the progress
E7A1FBDF-AC58-4E23-B02E-D502AD1337C4.jpeg

Reactions: 7 users
I'm reading through your thread, and of everything I've seen, this was the most impressive. I have yet to pull something like this off with my offspring. Kudos, good sir.
It was a fluke I think lol. You don’t realize how loud car building is until there’s a baby present

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Intercooler mounted, bungs welded in for a couple IAT sensors and a boost reference. Got the coldside painted up and fitted. Also got the boost controller plumbed. Thinking i can retire the welder for the rest of this deal.

07D32CA5-D68A-45AD-8135-3D9D97F759CE.jpeg
4EFB445A-9A0D-4A6B-9BB6-F1A718380C15.jpeg
74AA6A7B-BC3B-46C9-BEA6-1AAFE30BF0F6.jpeg

Plumbed the BOVs (which worked out in a way that pleases whatever mental disorder I have). Ran the front brake lines and the return fuel line, FPR reference line, and a few other odds and ends.
5947FFEE-1032-4664-9DE4-AD8CA7564835.jpeg

Pretty good work for a weekend

Reactions: 5 users
I’ve got a car show sept 1 I’m dead set on making it to. Just a matter of whether it’s driven or trailered. Don’t usually care about car shows but it’s helped a ton to have something to shoot for