Techco is No More

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, that was quick. Although I'm not surprised. They were pretty much only known for their new line of Positive Displacement Supercharger over anything else. And although it seemed like a really well designed kit, it also seemed overly complex (which would deter the "do it yourselfers" and was among the most expensive of all the supercharger systems for the S197 3V, was it not? :shrug:

The sad thing is, I've got a feeling that the SMS kits are probably not far behind.

Well, according to the website, they are merely relocating.

Who the hell is this "bumpinmyhead" guy anyway? Does he have any credibility?

You got me... I was just makin stuff up ;)

There are several insiders who have confirmed that Techco has indeed closed its doors... I'm not going to say who as they haven't released an official statement.

They are finished. One a side note, I had the opportunity to see the Techco supercharger in person at Atco a couple of months ago. The car was idling with the hood up and the owner was complaining about how noisy it is. He said his wife won't even drive it now because of the grinding sound. I had to agree it was loud and I also thought the fit and finish was kind of sub-par. Even the plastic air filter housing had rough edges. The guy showed me his 10 lb boost dynojet sheet and it made about 470 rwhp...not impressed after all the hype. That's pretty much the standard twin screw hp level at 10 lbs boost.

Well, I can't confirm, nor deny the rumor since I have absolutely no inside info, but I will state that this is nearly the exact same excuse Allen Engine Development/Allen Superchargers gave when they went belly up.....both times.

...and both times the company owners assured everyone concerned that everything was fine. So take from that what you will! :shrug:

Saleen, Techo and SMS.

Seems like that unless the dude with the original name isn't running the show things are probably going to go belly up. Sad story.

I wonder where the engineers are going to go now? back to Saleen or to SMS?

Saleen, Techo and SMS.

Seems like that unless the dude with the original name isn't running the show things are probably going to go belly up. Sad story.

I wonder where the engineers are going to go now? back to Saleen or to SMS?

Even with Saleen himself, you've gotta be careful. I work for a label company and we do badging for SMS. It's always a hassle to get our invoices paid. There's something fishy with all those guys.