Temperature rises quickly after accelarating...

I had a similar problem last summer that anytime I accelerated hard the temperature would rise to almost the point of overheating and then settle right back down again.I replaced my rad with a thicker one from a Fairmont wagon at the wreckers and the problem went away,I think my old rad was just clogged up.

• Sponsors (?)

The Shape said:
:OT: Where are you at in Arkansas? And also can you post a larger pic of your car my GT is Green with silver groud effects and I am considering going to all Green.

Perryville...about 45 minutes northwest of LR...Well my car isn't a GT and my color is called reef blue...this was the day I bought the car...so no cleaning...and all the mods I have on the car were on by the previous owner...I'm just waiting to add the AFR's, custom cam, dssracing 306, and all that good stuff :D

Here is the pic...the paint is better when shined up or even cleaned for that matter...

attachment.php

351LX said:
I had a similar problem last summer that anytime I accelerated hard the temperature would rise to almost the point of overheating and then settle right back down again.I replaced my rad with a thicker one from a Fairmont wagon at the wreckers and the problem went away,I think my old rad was just clogged up.

Yeah that is pretty much exactly what mine does...so I guess I need to flush my radiator...and need to back off the timing a bit...now I need a timing light...

David