TF stage 2 cam v. B303

• Sponsors (?)

i have the comp XE274HR, which is VERY similar to the stage 2. I have no problem with idle or diving issues. i've only had it it up to about 4500-5k, and it still kept pulling. if your still going for sound, well since I have tailpipes on, it is pretty quiet. can't even tell the engine is modded. guess you can say it sounds like it has 2ch flows while driving(which it doesn't). take the pipes off and i dunno what kind of sound it'll have.

tjm73 said:
Well I'm looking at a street rod weighing about 2500 lbs with a 5.0 so anything over 250 rwhp will make it plenty fast. And it MUST sound like a real hot rod. I ask about the idle carracteristics because I can go either way for the cam choice. Instead of suggesting something other than what I asked about how about ansering my question at it's face value or not saying anything at all.

He was just warning you that your "street rod" will run like ass with the TW Stage 2 cam in there unless you have the proper supporting parts, ie: High flow cylinder heads (like AFR 185's) High flow intake (at least Performer RPM), and super low gears (like 4.10+).

Actually.. the carb will CAN a little small .. (750 vac sec Holley list number 1310).. the TFS2 cam will rock in that combo.. the carb will like the stronger pulse from the tighter LSA and intake centerline, the higher lift will also generate more velocity!! Thinking that the E is the only cam for a 220 CFM head is , well, way off base! Dont get the big alum heads NOW, You should be able to bust solid 12s on that combo.... BUT>... with the options you listed, I would instll the B , buy the TFS2 and then try that later and SEE and feel the differance!! Remember there isnt ANY first guess on cams.. they all are different!! And buy you tring both , at different stages in time, then you will be the one with the answer!! The TFS2 will be more radical and build more power!! with a loss of a little low end!! but a killer set of gears will take care of that!! Get both .. and sell the one you like the least !! Changing cams is work... but you will have a better car with the knowledge you gain from it!! Have fun...

Just me........................

Thumper