TFS track heat head questions

trendkilllx

Aug 28, 2003
Las Vegas
I want to get a set of trickflow track heat heads for my 91 notch and i dont know to much about them. I noticed that i can get them o-ringed or without o-ring. what does that mean? Also it has the 2.02 valve and a set of edlebrock heads with the 2.02 valve requires the pistons to be notched. I herd with the trickflow heads i dont need to notch them. Is this true? Another thing is that they have 61cc combustion chambers, what compression shoud i get with the stock pistons? and anything else i should know about them like special parts for installing etc.. any info will be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

trendkilllx said:
I want to get a set of trickflow track heat heads for my 91 notch and i dont know to much about them. I noticed that i can get them o-ringed or without o-ring. what does that mean? Also it has the 2.02 valve and a set of edlebrock heads with the 2.02 valve requires the pistons to be notched. I herd with the trickflow heads i dont need to notch them. Is this true? Another thing is that they have 61cc combustion chambers, what compression shoud i get with the stock pistons? and anything else i should know about them like special parts for installing etc.. any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,
Don't know much about the subject, but.... here goes, someone will correct me if Iam wrong . :D You want O-ringed heads when you expect a lot of pressure such as running a blower. My sons had his GT40 heads o-ringed, and he runs a blower. My Trickflows are not O-ringed and run fine (no blower) I believe that is right. If you cut the heads down you might need it too.
My pistons are factory notched '94. You should do a valve clearance test (Putty test) when you install but shouldn't have a problem.
What you will need... Gaskets galore,head intake,exhaust etc., new pushrods i used 6.650 in mine. If you change lifters you will need taller valve cover gaskets, but I am running stock covers on mine. New header bolts?? not sure why..

if your running stock pistons, go with the twisted wedge heads, with 6.750 pushrods and stud mount rockers.. Track heats are a waste for you (theregood for up to 600 lift,) unless you plan on building your engine up later... I would call trick flow with your compression ? I'm sure they can help.. don't email them, call them, they don't answer emails.......

Your looking at 9.2:1 at most.Go with the track heat heads, they are NOT a waste for you like said above. They come w/ a better valve train for under $100 more. GO with the non O rings. You wont need to notch the pistons for the typical cams.

Summit usually has the best prices on trick flow parts since they do own them. I bought my twisted wedge heads from them and like always you will get free shipping. That saves you some more money considering a lot of other companies won't do that especially when you are talking about a box that weighs near 70lbs.

I am also thinking of going with the Track Heat heads, and I am wondering if the stiffer valve springs are too stiff for street use, and will harm roller lifters and rockers. I believe that the seat spring pressure at installed height on the Track heads is 125# in the Summit catalog, and it says 135# on Trick Flow's website.