The All Mighty Power Adder Dilemma

So this isn't gonna be a street car? Sorry but i don't think a powerglide would be very practical for street use:shrug: Just me though

You and i just have diffrent opinions on what a street car is. If it can be drove on the street and be street legal it's a street car in my opinion. I have a buddy with a Nova with a 468 big block with a powerglide that has a 5k stall and he drives it around on the street, so that makes it a street car. My car will run on 116 race fuel and have a powerglide, but if i want to drive to walmart and get something i can. Having a vehicle that only get's drove at the race track is worthless to me. My plans are to set the EFI record at the local track and drive the car back home. No trailors for this fella

• Sponsors (?)

a 950 hp powerglide car on the street???

my car is pushing the limits on traction with 750to the wheels. and my buddies 880 hp cobra is blowing off 325 MT's at over 100 mph.

honestly i do not see how you will make this work especially with an auto trans. i've seen plenty of 800+HP street cars. none of them have been auto cars (much less a 2 speed)

if you make over 950 you will need turbos (i'm pushing 22 psi with a Novi 2K)

sounds like you're gonna have a bad ass TRAILERED RACE CAR :nice:

a 950 hp powerglide car on the street???

my car is pushing the limits on traction with 750to the wheels. and my buddies 880 hp cobra is blowing off 325 MT's at over 100 mph.

honestly i do not see how you will make this work especially with an auto trans. i've seen plenty of 800+HP street cars. none of them have been auto cars (much less a 2 speed)

if you make over 950 you will need turbos (i'm pushing 22 psi with a Novi 2K)

sounds like you're gonna have a bad ass TRAILERED RACE CAR :nice:

lol it wont be trailored, i promise. I still havent made my mind up on it being an auto. I might end up putting a TKO or a built T56 in it. Either way, i know it's possible to have a 900+rwhp car that's somewhat street friendly. The guy that owns the twin turbo saleen on youtube has e-mailed me EVERY mod on the car and it made 946rwhp threw a manual and it was a STREET CAR. Im builidng my car based on that car.Now as for traction on the street, i do not plan on racing this car on the street, but when the car goes to the track i already have a set of bogarts with 28x12.50 slicks for the back. :nice: My plan all along was to go turbo, i just wanted a few opinions on the Procharger F1 or the Vortec YSI. I didnt figure the kenne bell would met my needs but i figured i would ask. By the way i ordered that AEM wideband, it is AWSOME :nice:

glad you picked up that wideband, i know i have enjoyed mine. it's a little extra peace of mind.

i wouldnt recomend a TKO behind a lot of power.my buddy broke his MANY times before swapping to a Viper T56. (under 500 rwhp with a KB)

if you bolt up a built 6 speed behind 900+ HP you can make it a decent street car.

It should be something fun to cruise around town in every no and then when the weather is right. The EFI record where i live is a 7.72 in the 1000ft. If i can get the car to hook i dont see why i wouldnt be able to smash that record.

You and i just have diffrent opinions on what a street car is. If it can be drove on the street and be street legal it's a street car in my opinion. I have a buddy with a Nova with a 468 big block with a powerglide that has a 5k stall and he drives it around on the street, so that makes it a street car. My car will run on 116 race fuel and have a powerglide, but if i want to drive to walmart and get something i can. Having a vehicle that only get's drove at the race track is worthless to me. My plans are to set the EFI record at the local track and drive the car back home. No trailors for this fella

What? Your going to run 116 leaded fuel? :rlaugh:

Ok, I would suggest that you FIRST check your local area to see if anyone sells E85. Totally ignore its "octane" rating...just talk with the evo and DSM and supra guys. They will all tell you that it will kill knock at nearly the same level as C16 race gas.

Here...take a look at this. 36PSI on E85!

CARRITO.NET - View Single Post - Lars takes the AMS 2.3RR/GT42 and runs [email protected] E85!!!!

Its an amazing fuel. :flag:

lol it wont be trailored, i promise. I still havent made my mind up on it being an auto. I might end up putting a TKO or a built T56 in it. Either way, i know it's possible to have a 900+rwhp car that's somewhat street friendly. The guy that owns the twin turbo saleen on youtube has e-mailed me EVERY mod on the car and it made 946rwhp threw a manual and it was a STREET CAR. Im builidng my car based on that car.Now as for traction on the street, i do not plan on racing this car on the street, but when the car goes to the track i already have a set of bogarts with 28x12.50 slicks for the back. :nice: My plan all along was to go turbo, i just wanted a few opinions on the Procharger F1 or the Vortec YSI. I didnt figure the kenne bell would met my needs but i figured i would ask. By the way i ordered that AEM wideband, it is AWSOME :nice:

Kenne Bell will get you there.

As seen

919rwhp 827TQ - MPH Forums

and that was just the regular 2.8...not the new one with the mammoth intake that makes even more power :nice:

Turbos would be easier....but KB would do it. And you better hold on to your butt with a 900+RWHP KB, because that thing will drive it straight into the back seat before you can even get the pedal to the floor! INSTANT 800+#s of torque. :D

I have narrowed my decidion down.
Turbo Horsepower Twin Turbo Kit or Procharger F1
MMR 5.0 stroker Race Mod 1150 short block
PowerHeads Stage 3 heads and matching cams
Reichard Racing Intake
Aeromotive Complete Fuel System
F.A.S.T engine managment
Viperspec T56
(really dont know on what kind of driveshaft)
9" Rear end with 33 spline axles, full spool and 4.10 gears

It should be a beast

Kenne Bell will get you there.

As seen

919rwhp 827TQ - MPH Forums

and that was just the regular 2.8...not the new one with the mammoth intake that makes even more power :nice:

Turbos would be easier....but KB would do it. And you better hold on to your butt with a 900+RWHP KB, because that thing will drive it straight into the back seat before you can even get the pedal to the floor! INSTANT 800+#s of torque. :D

Sure if he wants to run a steady diet of race gas in the tank all the time. It kinda takes away from the "street car" status at that point for me though. The car made considerably less (740rwhp) on pump gas.

Still impressive, but no where near as capable as a twin turbo set up.

Sure if he wants to run a steady diet of race gas in the tank all the time. It kinda takes away from the "street car" status at that point for me though. The car made considerably less (740rwhp) on pump gas.

Still impressive, but no where near as capable as a twin turbo set up.

Um, he wont get anywhere close to 900RWHP on pump gas...no matter what he does. :shrug: I think he plans on running race gas full time anyways.

In any case that # would be doable on E85. :flag: ...oh wait :canada:

:D

Um, he wont get anywhere close to 900RWHP on pump gas...no matter what he does. :shrug: I think he plans on running race gas full time anyways.

In any case that # would be doable on E85. :flag: ...oh wait :canada:

:D
I wouldn't say there was no way of getting anywhere close to that figure, but I wouldn't do in with a 4.6L. Displacement is king. A 5.4 or even a new 6.2L block would be a more desirable starting point.

As for the E85....keep it! You need to use twice as much of it to make any power anyway. Besides, you're forgetting which one of us has all the crude oil......we don't need your stinking "corn fuel" :D

Im getting ready to do a serious build with my GT. Looking at making ATLEAST 950 horsepoewr to the wheels. :nice:. Well, I have to decide which power adder im gonna go with. If i go turbo, i will proboly go with a HP twin turbo kit. If i go supercharger, im either going with a kenne bell 2.6, Vortec YSI, or ProCharger F1. I will be using a 5.4 Aluminator short block with some pretty wickied heads and stage 3 blower cams. To reach my 950rwhp goals i will be pushing atleast 25psi to it. I dunno guys, which one do ya'll think i should go with?
Go twin turbo with the TFS heads.

I wouldn't say there was no way of getting anywhere close to that figure, but I wouldn't do in with a 4.6L. Displacement is king. A 5.4 or even a new 6.2L block would be a more desirable starting point.

As for the E85....keep it! You need to use twice as much of it to make any power anyway. Besides, you're forgetting which one of us has all the crude oil......we don't need your stinking "corn fuel" :D

:rlaugh:

Actually here is a quote from E85mustangs.com "For a late model modular Ford engine, we can tell you that it requires about 20% more fuel at part throttle, and about 40% more fuel at wide open throttle (WOT) so ensure you have adequate fuel flow to the cylinder before you begin."

Twice as much GB? Nope...not even close bro :nice: And in Texas its 16-34% cheaper than pump 93....so depending where you go, your basically getting race gas for an overall cost thats slightly above pump 93.

Ill be tuning my Talon on E85...ill be able to go over 500AWHP on it quite easly, and thats just a little 122 CI 4 banger :D

Agreed...displacement= pump gas king. I know a local guy that has a vortec blown 07 C6 Z06. It makes 750RWHP on pump 91 @ 10PSI. He had the previous owner detune it before he bought it...the tuner said it was tuned so conservatively that he could literally put 87 octane in the tank and go blasting around without a problem lol....car WAS making 920RWHP on pump gas LOL. 7.0L FTW!

Between the added stress on the nose of the crank and the belt issues that are certain to be there I wouldn't bother with an F1 and stick with a TT set up. Also you could do a low boost tune with pump gas and a race gas tune as well.

Bill