The Blue Badge for The MOST O.C.D.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
mustangbuild070.jpg

Who on earth removes the tail lights, trunk, and the spoiler off of the trunk just to get the car clean?

I win the Blue badge,..I win the Blue Badge!:banana:

Actually the car probably hasn't been washed in over a year, and the dirt that was in the trunk rain gutter was impossible to get clean w/o removing the thing. (it's fiberglass anyway so it wasn't heavy).
** Wife (we'll just call her Kate ) comes out and see's me going to town,..and say's " A toothbrush?.......Really?".....I just looked up at her and kept scrubbin'.
I tell ya, Having to live w/ an original 10 year old finish w/ all of the chips, nicks, scratches, is really gonna be tough after having a newly painted car just last year. The rear bumper has had a small impact in the corner (the black mar) and that alone will eat my ass up every time I see it.
I'll just have to repaint that sometime in the next few months.

I spent a little over 4 hours cleaning yesterday and all I really seemed to get done was the rear of the car.:nonono: I don't know about you guys, but I tend to jump around when I work on a car. (never staying fixed in one spot) Including the 60-70 minutes I spent wetsanding, and buffing the trashed headlights. (Had to start w/ 220 to get all of the crust off)

I did decide to put a yellow stripe on the black wheels though,....I kinda like the black wheel,...it just needs something to make it "less black". I was gonna paint the whole wheel, but they're powdercoated, and I just hate the thought of sanding them.
I'm just gonna cheese out, and put a 1/4" pinstripe around the wheel lip,.....that way I can reverse it when I go to sell them (or the car for that matter) whichever comes first.

But they are huge. 17 x 9's in front,...17 x 10.5's in back. W/ 275 rubber up front and 315's in the rear:
mustangbuild071.jpg

Finally,....for those that post whiney,"lost my motivation, please help" threads.....I gotta suggestion to help you stay motivated:

Sell it.

When you come to your senses and buy another one 8 months later,.....you'll have no problem laying on your back polishing the chrome tail pipes, just because you have a set of tail pipes to polish.;)

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)