The heater/ac only blows out the defroster vents....

• Sponsors (?)

nmcgrawj said:
I have had this problem before where one of the vacuum lies along the firewall broke. Well that line looks to be just fine but the blower wont switch to the other vents. Anyone know what else to look for?

Thanks
that line has a leak in it somewhere. double check it again. it is possible it may have broken where it goes into the firewall as well.

It goes to this thing under the dash.
100_0658.JPG

nmcgrawj said:
So it goes into the dash on the passenger side right? Well unless im confusing it with another piece, doesnt it go into a sensor looking thing on the passenger side?

Yea, passenger side. No, it goes straight into the firewall, not a sensor.

Low-5.0, good looking out with that pic, I KNEW somebody had a pic of that around somewhere, I just couldn't remember who, since I hadn't seen it in a while. :nice:

You broke the vacuum hose in the engine compartment or behjind the glove box OR you pulled the yellow hose off the back of the left HVAC control knob that goes to the vent actuator motor - see below........

I went through this once and took a few pics.

Trace the cable starting at the vaccum(sp) tree on the drivers side of the engine bay.
DSC00524.JPG

DSC00523.JPG

This hose runs from Drivers side of the engine bay to the passenger side and then down into the firewall.

DSC00555.JPG

From there I believe it goes into the canister type item behind the glove compartment door, listed in an earlier post.

From there it goes into a vaccum(sp) tree behind the glove compartment door, continuing on to the actual hvac control.
DSC00529.JPG

In my case I had a break not only in the line in the engine compartment, but also at the little vacuum junction behind the glove compartment.

So if you don't find a leak in the line in the engine make sure to check this junction.

Hey guys....tryin to solve this thing while the car is in pieces. I am tracing the line at the vacuum tree....but it goes across and is T'd in with this sensor like thing...then continues and goes down into the passenger fender by the firewall. Anyone know what that is?

So im seeing no extra lines from the tree that are open. Does anyone know or can u show exactly where it goes into the firewall at? I see a line come out of the foam by the canister. Is that it?

Man this is turning into a bigger headache then i need right now :bang:

Figured it out guys. I found the vent line that was broken. Must have broke while dropping the motor in. Then we actually hooked up the cannister purge line up to where the vent line was supposed to be according to this diagram.

http://www.veryuseful.com/mustang/tech/engine/images/mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

Its a valve with a electrical connector that T's into the vacuum line. One goes into the fender. Does the other see vacuum at the intake? Or where does it go? Does it have to be before the TB? Or can it be after?

mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg

Thanks for the help fellas!

Attachments

• mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg
    mustangFoxFordVacuumDiagram.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 226