The Missing Link

YtnGT

Founding Member
Sep 23, 2002
TX
I finally installed a mach 1 brake kit on my supercharged 02 GT. I have had a basic steeda suspension for years but had failed to add cobra brakes. These brakes finally complete the suspension work that I started 4 years ago. If you don't have cobra or mach brakes yet go and get some they are worth it.

• Sponsors (?)

Yup $350, they used to have them for $320.

I just took the mustang out for a spin and all I can say is wow. I could kick myself for not getting these years ago.

To keep this tech related you should post pics

OK to make you happy here you go.

J/K I don't have a digital camera right now plus most people know what cobra, bullit, and mach brakes look like. We could always discuss a more technical topic if you want?
-Why centri blowers increase boost based off the square of rpm.
-Fuel pump duty cycle and closed loop pressure control.
-Summer and winter gasoline.

Attachments

• Mach1Brakes.jpeg
    Mach1Brakes.jpeg
    14.5 KB · Views: 51
did you need new caliper brackets or did the bigger rotors/calipers work with the stock bracket? i may need new rotors and pads, and im thinking of the 13" kit so i can flush the stock fluid out and upgrade the brakes....plus i have 18" wheels so i think the bigger rotors would look good.

The new caliper brackets came with the mach 1 brake kit. Everything needed, including pads and SS lines, are included in the $350 mach 1 kit. I have factory 17x8 rims and it fit fine.

A complete brake bleed should be done at the same time, you need 3 bottles of motorcraft high performance DOT 3 fluid. I am amazed at how much better my car brakes now.