The one thing you would have done different.

• Sponsors (?)

Someone said planning and that's absolutely right. I would have planned more and I would have used STANGNET to do that planning. I've done so many things twice. Do it once, do it right! As an example I just put a set of vintage 45's on my car so that I could run some good rubber and fit big fat discs. Would have been nice not to have bought the 15 inch cragars first. Extra thrown away with nothing positive to show for it.

jerry S said:
I wouldn't have asked my wife for permission first. Instead, I would have opted to say "I'm sorry" after the fact.

LOL I died laughing when I read this one.... sooooooooo true, I hate begging for the little bits and pieces to find she went out and bought something that was not needed!! :rlaugh:

Oh, I have a few... :rolleyes:
I wouldn't have sold my '65,'68, or '85 Convert

I would have restored my '69 mach to stock rather than selling off original parts to buy racing parts (THAT is my biggest whoops) seen the prices a '69 mach with 4 spd 390 fully restored brings??? ( this is a car I paid $450.00 - running!)
:D
I would have scrounged the money to buy a neighbor's restored 1969 Mach 1 SCJ - $5500.00 was his asking price in 1986!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well, live and learn -

Well not to be a knob... but I've done everything correct so far.... :). And that's because I've used common sense along with reading other peoples mistakes. Three things:

1. You can't ask too many questions (no such thing as a dumb question)

2. Measure twice, cut once.

3. Research, research and more research.

You have to carefully plan things according to the goals you are setting.

I guess I must confess the only decision I may regret is keeping the 8" and not investing in the 9". I did this because I have faith in the Ford product and because I don't run slicks.

Other than that it's just logical to do things in order of importance. Like don't put 400hp engines in cars that won't stop for chit. Start at the base. Strengthen the chasis. Then build the corners, brakes and suspension. Then the drivetrain... then the engine. Lastly the cosmetics (because doing all the prior stuff before paint just increases the chances of messing the paint up).

Okay... I'm off the box. I was just trying to help and newbies....

Oh yeah... and if you have all the money in the world... none of the aforementioned makes a difference to you. You can afford to make mistakes. I can't.

Have fun people!!