The Reenmachine DOHC '67 Shelby Clone Convertible Progress

samwe said:
Any chance you could post a clear shot of the Brake booster/MC setup with the engine in?
Soon. I've jumped ship from the hydroboost and am trying out a new power brake system that uses a remote electric hydraulic pump and accumulator. Lots of boost and like 20 stops after any loss of power. The pump assembly mounts remotely, making for a cleaner engine compartment.

• Sponsors (?)

reenmachine said:
I picked up the seats from the upholstery shop yesterday and they're magnificent. SCAT Procar Elites were the foundation, but the foam and upholstery is completely redone to follow the lines and style of '67 Shelby seats.

0178.jpg

Ok, these are sweet. I don't know if you said who did the upholstery, but who did it? These are awesome.

Attachments

• 0178.jpg
    0178.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 107
gsxrken said:
Re: the hydroboost departure, Details please!
You are the first I've read to switch directions on this particular mod, and I'm curious why.
I've heard the electric pumps are loud and don't do the job.
I've seen this particular pump setup in action and was impressed enough to want to give it a try. Very quiet, and it produced a lot of pressure in a stable fashion. They had a pressure gauge hooked up to it so you could see the actual performance. I'm going to mount it in the wheelwell and protect in such a way as to reduce noise. I will of course post pics.

65mistress said:
Ok, these are sweet. I don't know if you said who did the upholstery, but who did it? These are awesome.
They were done by 1st Upholstery in Tempe, AZ. I'm taking two other sets there this week for other cars -- after sitting in them in the convertible it's the only seat I'll ever use. In addition to doing the upholstery, they improved the foam, making them feel just awesome.

Here's a pic of the wiring in the console. Ended up with 25 wires needing to come out, even after consolidating grounds, power wires, lighting wires, etc. I terminated them all at connectors to make everything easier to get in and out.

0177.jpg

Attachments

• 0177.jpg
    0177.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 123
reenmachine said:
On this car, I'm using the VB2 MAX everywhere. It's like using Dynamat Extreme everywhere. I put it on the firewall, floors, inside the doors, etc.

On the blue fastback I'm using their multi-stage system, which consists of a spray and two different types of mat depending on the location.

On the green fastback I'm using Lizard Skin (spray everywhere).

After these three are on the road I'll know what's the best compromise between performance and PITA factor. :D

And the answer is .....:shrug:

Cost/PITA Factor/Performance

Is the Lizard Skin a hard or soft finish?

67FBack said:
And the answer is .....:shrug:

Cost/PITA Factor/Performance

Is the Lizard Skin a hard or soft finish?
I'd say medium. :p

You can make a mark in it with your fingernail, but it's certainly not rubbing off or otherwise coming off. They claim that you can bend a coated piece of sheet metal 90 degrees and it will not crack or split.

reenmachine said:
I'd say medium. :p

You can make a mark in it with your fingernail, but it's certainly not rubbing off or otherwise coming off. They claim that you can bend a coated piece of sheet metal 90 degrees and it will not crack or split.

I have been using the Lizard Skin for a little over two years now at my shop. I think it's the best product out there. It will definetly stretch... I had a pice of aluminum sprayed with it and you could bend it multiple times without it coming apart. I sprayed the engine compartment on a 59 chevy Apache truck we restomoded. We sanded it smooth and painted body color over it with no problems. The lizard skin is also bio degradeable and will wash off with water before its cured. Once its cured you can pick it with your nail but thats it. It would take a heat gun and some good elbo grease to remove it.
Here is a shot of me spraying it out.
2dsc01542_1.jpg

Here is after primer.
2dsc01579_1.jpg

And after paint.
2dsc00887_1-med.jpg

The clear plastic on the side fenders is Mylar to help prevent scratches while I am working on the engine compartment.

Been working on the green fastback lately -- check it out here:

http://www.reenmachine.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=116

It's being built as more of a "driver" and it will be a riot to drive.

Anyway, I re-hung the 'vert's fenders and nose and it will be off to the body shop soon to have the panels realigned, gaps set, stripes done, etc.

The latest pics really give you an idea of what it will look like done:

0188.jpg

0190.jpg

0192.jpg

0194.jpg

Attachments

• 0188.jpg
    0188.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 0194.jpg
    0194.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 113