The Reenmachine DOHC '67 Shelby Clone Convertible Progress

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by reenmachine, Apr 17, 2005.

1. 68EFIvert

68EFIvert Member

Pete,

Thanks for all the help the last couple months. The Gbar is in, the car is painted and just doing the little things now. I have a question about seat belts on your build. I took your lead and am putting in the fox light bar from CDC. (I can't believe I actually found them since they no longer produce them.) I also want to put 3 pt belts lin and am a little unsure how the upper attachment point on the B pilar is going to work. I also have the Shelby interion panels and want the whole mechanism hidden from view. Do you have a picture of the upper belt mounting point or remember how you handled this? Thanks AGAIN!

Darreld

2. reenmachine

reenmachine Active Member

Hey Darreld-
    I can't find a pic for some reason out of my 1000+ pics of the build. :nonono:

The inertia reel was mounted to a reinforced area behind the door in the area above where the rear window crank would have been. Everything was concealed by the large Shelby-style interior quarter trim panel. The belt exited through a horizontal slot near the top edge of the front face of that trim panel.

Ha! I guess this thread can still be useful after all this time. It's pushing 100,000 views!

3. 68EFIvert

68EFIvert Member

Thanks Pete. The car is getting the new fabric top today and I think we have a game plan on the attachment point. After the top is done we can go full speed ahead on the bar. Just need to see about clearance. I would hate to get it in and then not be able to put the top up.

4. reenmachine

Helllllooooooooooooo

Lost of folks still checking out this thread. I know I've been quiet for quite some time.

What's up? :SNSign:

5. Blue Oval Man

Blue Oval Man Member

Ya Pete, way too quiet! Maybe you should give us some updates on some of your latest projects. I have been checking them out on your site and I think everyone here would be quite interested in what you have been up to.
    David.

6. 71stangfreak

71stangfreak New Member

nothing like digging up an old thread, but one thing I never saw explained was how you did the work-around for the pats system. I have heard you can get a programmer to disable it, I just wondered how it was done on this project. Helluva nice ride, I applaud all your work.:hail2:

7. reenmachine

I guess there was a reason I didn't explain it at the time...:rolleyes:

Piggyback chip in the ECU with custom tuning.

8. reenmachine

Resurfaced!

I know this car has changed hands a couple of times over the last few years and I lost track of it.

Out of the blue I just received an email from the new owner of the car, who says it's still awesome and still going strong! Apparently it's here in Socal so hopefully I'll get to visit it at a show or something this spring. :nice:

9. Route666

Route666 Active Member

Wow I can't believe it's been years! I remember when it was being built, like it happened yesterday. It is good to see it still in the hands of someone who appreciates it, especially considering its uniqueness.

10. mustangmutt

mustangmutt Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    That is one beautiful car Pete!!

11. chromedog65

chromedog65 New Member

hi Pete, long time...
    since my last post, i've moved from Ohio, changed email addy, lost password, etc... i was known simply as chromedog, i'm now chromedog65. anyway, upon your recomendation, and spotless reputation, i just ordered a new hood for the old chrome pony from (you guessed it!) K.A.R. auto group. I just couldnt stand the issues i had with the old one any longer. from the interference with adjoining panels, to the bowing in the center, i'd had enough. long story short, i would like to put in a shameless plug for all the wonderful people at K.A.R. George and Kevin are awesome to work with, and they both made my buying experience a delight. I will recommend them from this day forth!

Attached Files:

12. reenmachine

Just checking in! Amazed that this thread is still stickied and pushing 200k views!

AutoRage likes this.
  13. other_shoe

other_shoe Member

I've always enjoyed this thread along with the galleries at your site. And since I'm on the subject, I'd love to see what happened with the bullet tribute and any other projects. No pressure, of course.

14. tx65coupe

tx65coupe Active Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Its kinda hard to see the details of the picture with a watermark on it.

15. jcode68

jcode68 Active Member

Saw Pete's car listed in the local Craig's List for sale. Somewhere along the line an owner added a blower and some big dollar audio equipment. Car still holds up, was a great build to watch on this board.

16. reenmachine

What craigslist? Link? I've known exactly where the car is for years now so if it's on craigslist it's most likely a scam, which has happened several times that I know of.