Mach 1 The Stingers are On! Borla, that is.

GTBEE

Nov 18, 2003
Probably appropriate for the Bee to put Stingers on....bad humour, wth. I appreciate all the good feedback from everyone in the previous thread. I think the best advice that someone mentioned was if you are changing your exhaust, go ahead with the x-pipe and then the cat-backs. I left on the stock h-pipe until more money magically appears... I got the Borlas at Ninosport, free shipping, $425. Got here in 3 days. unreal. Took me longer to install them than to ship them. Sound is great, low rumble slightly louder than OEM. Rev or accelerate and the sound makes you drool. No doubt the MACs, Bassanis, and Magnaflows sound great, I just think I ended up with the right mix of "low rumble at the stop-light" and "FEARTHIS" when I accelerate. WATCH FOR THE TIP SIZE: the stingers (at least the ones I got) have 4" tips. At first I thought, what is this? Home for birds and small animals? Now I like them and am liking them more every minute. I have 3 1/2" on the Saleen and they are what I have been used to. Oh well, even old dogs can change their spots.

I am not the most mechanical person, but they went on without a hitch. Everything was easily identified, and included lengths so that you could identify left hand and right hand. Used jacks from both mustangs and then propped up with jack stands. The biggest problem was getting the support rods downstream from the muffler back into those rubber grommets. I worked on one side for 30 minutes with sparing use of silicone lubricant...good grief. went and got a six pack of Coronas and started lathering those babies with the lubricant. Things went better.

All done, thanks everybody. Great advice and feedback.

The Bee

2002 S-281 #382 True Blue, tan vert
2004 DSG Mach 1 with a really good set of pipes...

• Sponsors (?)