Thinking about selling the car! LONG!

The house and wife are making me think about selling my car! PLus I'll be deploying for a year, so I don't want it to sit for that long. I can pay off some bills then buy a new one later. I'm just wondering how much to ask. I've put so much time and $$$$$$$$$ into her. I think it will be always worth more!

1994 Mustang GT
Fast fun car, can be converted to drive on the street very easily just need an alternator, well maybe!

Engine:
306 w/ Ross pistons, ARP bolts, Fuildampr damper
TFS Twisted Wedge Heads(ported by Heads Up Performance), Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller( XE282-HR-12), Crane 1.7 roller rockers, Ford Motor Sport valve covers

Induction:
AED 750 DP carb, RPM Intake, 8 gallon fuel cell, 2 Holly Blue pumps, ½ fuel system one for the carb and one for the nitrous.
Compucar dual stage nitrous system, w/ 2 bottles, purge, gauge, vent tube.

Ignition:
MSD 6al, MSD Billet dizzy.

Exhaust:
MAC long tube headers
Off road H-pipe
Flowmasters w/ turndowns

Drivetrain:
C4 w/ Pro-Tree trans-brake, SFI shields, deep TCI pan , cooler BTE converter 2800 stall, Hurst Qtr stick w/ pistol grip, 35 spline Moser axles, 4.10 spool

Suspension:
Megabite jr.s lower rear, Ford Motor Sport Heavy Duty upper rears

Wheels and tires:
Convo Pros 4x15 front runners w/165r15s
Convo Pros 8.5x15 w/ MT slick 18x10.5
Convo Pros 8.5x15 w/ Radial TA’s 275 60 15

Gauges:
Autometer Tach w/ dual shift points, fuel, oil, water.

Misc:
Kirkley seat, 5 point harness, 10 roll cage w/ window net, rear seat delete(firewall), rear mounted battery in a box, cut off switch, 5 switch panel on roll cage(ignition, water pump, fuel pump, fan, starter), 4 switch panel in ashtray(N2O, line lock, purge, fuel ), Cobra R hood, Electric fan, welded sub-frame connectors. Have the alternator w/ under drive pulleys and alternator bracket. NO AC or HEATER. Runs solid 10's

• Sponsors (?)

Wrong forum dude....PM a mod to get it switched.

You failed to mention miles, which is most important part.

I assume you have over 100k miles on the chassis. I would ask for 5-6k at the most. Mods don't add to price.
Scott

A mod will see this and move it to Talk - dont worry.

It's hugely regional with regard to pricing, let alone finding someone who needs to have your car. That's the thing - if you can find that buyer, it can be worth a whole ton more than it is to someone else. The fact that it seems like it's really not something someone can drive on the street comfortably will make a difference IMHO (it's kind of a niche vehicle).

Anyhoo, best of luck with it and the plans. Stay safe!

Yeah it's really about finding the right buyer who finds value in the mods you've done. When I sold my first stang I had about $5k into mods and ended up getting about $3k for mods because the kid that bought it really liked what I had done. Good luck with the sale if it has to go.

"Mods" on a 13 second street car and "mods" on a 10 second race ready car are totally different in regards to price.

I'd imagine this dude should get $10K EASILY anywhere in the country, probably CONSIDERABLY more for a turn key, ready to go true 10 second race car with all safety requirments, cage, ect...

I'd bet in the Detroit, Michigan area you'd ask about 8-9k and you get 6k maybe if you found the right buyer and at the right time. It's worth way more but they almost never sell for close to what you've got into them. I had a beautiful 1979 Buick Regal, perfect body, custom paint, fresh 430 big block buick, easy 425hp, fresh turbo 400 trans, complete fuel system .... bla, bla, caged, mini tubed,etc... Just an awesome car. NO PROBELMS at all. It took me 2 months to sell it I listed it for $6k , got $3500. It had about 11k worth of parts (NOT LABOR) plus the perfect body.
I bought my '95 GT for $4,000 last year and it has 57,700 miles and a built 308, AODE, Edelbrock peformer 5.0 heads (10:1 compression), GT40 intake, 70mm tb, 24 lb injectors, 75mm Pro-M maf, Steeda #19 cam, BBK equal length headers, BBK O/R h pipe, Crane ignition, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Fluidyne rad, Sub frames, Bullitt suspension, Bullit wheels, 99+ PBR caliper upgrade, rear has 3.73 gears and Lakewood lower control arms.
Good luck!