Thinking heavily about coil over on front, advice please.

• Sponsors (?)

That kit is drag only and your looking for street manners.
Call team Z for streetable coil overs.
This is my two cents so spend it well my friend.

Reactions: 1 user
I will say for what you are wanting to do the double adj struts are overkill. Get a kit with either non adj struts or single adj and save quite a bit of $.
I run the UPR coilover setup on the front of my 88 bird with 150lb springs and strange single adj struts. No front sway bar but I do have a Team Z ARB in the back that keeps it from having body roll.
Drives just fine on the street.

That kit is drag-focused.

I run MM coil-overs on Bilstiens. 250#. Out back is conventional springs and bilstiens. Handles quite well and rides great. No noises, rattles, squeaks etc from the coil overs.

If the roads were better here I’d run 275-300# springs up front.

I have a few cars with coilovers and I will say it is matter of owner preference and purpose of the car.

Example would be one coupe that hardly gets driven has the full mm setup minus the torque arm with 250lb springs and bilstien struts. It drives great and I wouldn't change a thing. It handles great but on crappy roads daily driven I'd get tired of it. On the other side of that I have a hatch I daily drive and it has full upr setup except I changed out the coilover sleeves to strange a few years back and it has 175lb 14" springs with s6001me strange struts. I've found it to be perfect for me with the crappy roads I have to hit every day during my commute. With the spring rate being soft enough that it isn't a bad ride but still stiff enough where there is no body roll when whipping in and out of lanes at excessive speeds and racing everything under the sun from light to light.

Not sure what I can add, but I'm installing a TeamZ k-member and coil over setup on my car right now...
They use Strange stuff.

I've been delayed a few days on finishing, due to not being able to find a suitable spring compressor locally...
I think I found one on Amazon that will work, and it should be here tomorrow.

I've had coilovers on my car for 10 yrs and really considering going back to springs. The front coil overs are ok but I highly recommend keeping springs in the back. Maybe a better quality kit would be different than mine but from the moment you install rear coilovers you can tell the cars suspension was not designed to work like that and feels rigged. Everything creeks and makes terrible noises. It puts the entire weight of your rear suspension on your shock mounts which are pretty weak. Not designed to carry that much load.

Front coilovers are ok but create all kinds of fitment headaches if you don't properly plan out your wheel backspacing.

What are you going to do with the car?? I was thinking of doing the coil over on the front of my car, but decided I just don't need it.... Street driver, Grocery Getter....

What do you guys think of this type of kit for the rear? I haven’t seen this before.. anyone useing something like this??

Don't buy that knock-off crap.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Just get the MM kit and be done with it, hands down the best on the market, and will work for street/strip/track depending on the spring rate and damper you choose.

call Jack Hidley at MM and do it right the first time. That being said I have run the regular spring/shock setup on most of my foxbody cars with MM adjustable LCA's for ride height in the rear. If i was to switch to coil overs probably go with strange setup or Bilsteins.

Reactions: 1 users
I was planning on using Strange single adj struts/shocks but like the idea of varying the height by so much front and rear that the kit I referenced offers.
Is the rear spring set up any good is the real question I suppose.
Car is mostly street with straight line acceleration the main objective, followed by stopping.

call Jack Hidley at MM and do it right the first time. That being said I have run the regular spring/shock setup on most of my foxbody cars with MM adjustable LCA's for ride height in the rear. If i was to switch to coil overs probably go with strange setup or Bilsteins.
I have thought of using the MM adjustable LCA’s in the rear with above mentioned single adjustable Strange shocks/Strange single adj struts w/coil overs on front and MM steel CC plates. I’d have to loose my relatively new rear LCA’s but it’s probably a better set up than the one I linked from AM that no one seems to care for lol