Thinking of making "reasonable" turbo kit.. intrest?

I have a few questions.

Are you going to redo the drivers side header to clear the oil filter?

How much ground clearance with that 3? inch down pipe?

Will you include the MAF? (I know you said - fuel injectors/pump)

Will you include an intercooler?

Good luck with it :nice: . We are SORTOF thinking about making a kit....but the problem is that I would sell the kit with the same things that I used on my car (GT pump, 42# injectors, intercooler, BA 2400 MAF, T bolt clamps, silicon couplers/reducers, silicon hoses, maybe even the E boost 2 so all the silicon hoses could be pre cut, ect..... It would just get VERY expencive to buy. Because we would spend a ton in parts.

The more i think about it, the more i'm probably just going to sell tubing kits, and leave it up to the customer to get his wastegate, Bov and turbo.

I cant find anyone local that will give me discounts on large purchases of multiple items, so really if i had to do it like i did mine, i'd have to buy the items at cost (just like the customer) and then sell them for the same price, which wouldn't be cost effective to me, as i'd be spending more time looking for the best possible price on items than i would be building the piping kits.

I DO have a lead on gettin intercooler for a discount if i buy 20 at a time, so intercooler, couplers and T-bolt clamps will be included, along w/ the hot section V-band clamps, etc.

The driver side header will be done to clear the oil filter and the headers in general will be setup to use the factory K member and accessories. The downpipe is the ONLY thing i plan on having to go below the K member and this will be "ovalized" to provide maximum ground clearance.

All electronic items (maf, fuel pump, etc) will have to be collected by the customer as for the same reason as explained above.

So with all that said, i'll be doing hot sections for $1500 roughly and complete tubing kits w/ intercooler for $2200 roughly.

this will leave the customer with options of buying things in stages so as not to go broke immediately.

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the plan. I know there are TONS of blower guys out there wanting to go turbo, but dont want to spend the $$$ on the available turbo setups out there, or dont have the $$ to spend on them. So if i can get a nicely priced hotsection it will fill up the large gap between supercharged cars and turbo cars.

The more i think about it, the more i'm probably just going to sell tubing kits, and leave it up to the customer to get his wastegate, Bov and turbo.

I cant find anyone local that will give me discounts on large purchases of multiple items, so really if i had to do it like i did mine, i'd have to buy the items at cost (just like the customer) and then sell them for the same price, which wouldn't be cost effective to me, as i'd be spending more time looking for the best possible price on items than i would be building the piping kits.

I DO have a lead on gettin intercooler for a discount if i buy 20 at a time, so intercooler, couplers and T-bolt clamps will be included, along w/ the hot section V-band clamps, etc.

The driver side header will be done to clear the oil filter and the headers in general will be setup to use the factory K member and accessories. The downpipe is the ONLY thing i plan on having to go below the K member and this will be "ovalized" to provide maximum ground clearance.

All electronic items (maf, fuel pump, etc) will have to be collected by the customer as for the same reason as explained above.

So with all that said, i'll be doing hot sections for $1500 roughly and complete tubing kits w/ intercooler for $2200 roughly.

this will leave the customer with options of buying things in stages so as not to go broke immediately.

:nice: Definatly! Then they can put whatever turbo they want on there as well as whatever fuel system they want....Thats probably the best way to go. Cant really make it otherwise unless your already a big company with alot of support and alot of $$$$$$ on hand to get everything rolling and buy in bulk.

America is hard on the small buisness man :notnice:

Exactly.. I've got the capital to purchase everything for the first tubing kit right now and i've got a few people local that want me to make kits for them, so i can use there cars for mock up.

but the fact of getting decent prices and the capital to keep turbos, wastegates etc, in house is getting a bit out of my league, as most places want a min. order of 50 of each item (has to be the same item) and i can't justify that.