Wile Coyote's stunt double
i went out to start my 35 ford pick up today, its been parked for about
3 months, turned the motor over it fired one time then nothing. then i
smelled rotten gass.opened the hood just in time to see gass spraying out
the side of the fuel pump. the gass had eaten a hole in the pump diaphragm
decided to pull the pump off ,grabed the fuel line it stretched like a slimmy
black worm coating my hands with black goo. it melted all the rubber fuel lines
can only imagine what the inside of my brand new gass tank looks like. took the
holly apart it was pluged up sollid, the eccelerator pumps were hard as a rock the
paint on my frame was blistered and peeling were the gass had been dripping on it.
now i know i should have used a fuel stabalizer,but to get this much dammage
in three months is crazy.lately i have noticed the gass turns yellow very quickly
seems like to me we are now paying tripple price for gass that is more costic and
much lower grade than what it used to be ,remember when gass was pink in color?
now it looks like dirty water . it seems to me if the gass were a beter grade it would
burn cleaner as well, i saw on the internett that oil is at an all time low right now
yet we still pay out of site prices . maby we need to pull a buy no gass deal for
a couple of days see how they like that .remove a little money from there pockets
see how they speculate that.

• Sponsors (?)

I dont know why people think not buy gas for day or two will make a difference. All your gonna do is buy gas before or after.Why is gas in california so much higher? Theres no explanation for any of other then they riase prices becasue they can.

Ive had braided line leak the same way yours did.It gets expensive replacing that stuff.

just a question, but did you use the fuel injection type hose for your gas line?
no it is the high presure fuel line that i have always used, but the fact is it
is ruining more than the fuel lines , atleast i ran metal lines from the tank
up to the fuel pump and there is only about 6 inches of ruber line conecting
at the pump, but the eccelerator pumps and the fuel pumps are getting ruened
as well, i have put three new fuel pumps on my sand blaster this year alone
all with the same problem ,holes rotted in the rubber parts and fuel squirting
out the sides of them, guess i am going to have to change over to alcahol fuel
pumps and us holly guys ,change the eccelerator pumps to the green alcahol
ones, and the fuel lines i guess were going to have to change to the plastic type
but remember we were told that this new fuel shouldnt cause any damage to
our classic cars. more bull ,cant wait to see what it does to the internals of the
motor

(snip)
...and the fuel lines i guess were going to have to change to the plastic type
but remember we were told that this new fuel shouldnt cause any damage to
our classic cars. more bull ,cant wait to see what it does to the internals of the
motor

Locally, the gas stations have little stickers on the pumps that say "Enriched With Ethanol". What a con. Motorists have begun scratching out the "Enriched" and writing in "Polluted" with permanent markers.

Rather that go off on my usual anti-government tirade, I'll simply recommend that you look for some Gates Barricade brand fuel line. It's available in both high-pressure (EFI) and low-pressure (carbureted) forms. The low-pressure stuff looks like ordinary black rubber hose (it may have a green stripe; can't recall right now).

just changed all the fuel lines today i forgot the two short lines at
the fuel filter ,going to make the fuel filter bolt in as well had a hard
time finding the same fuel pump but i did for all the good it will do
the carb is next, the alcahol pumps arnt cheap and none of the shops
cary them around here ,looks like summit again,afraid to even check the
fuel tank and sender unit, fingers and toes crossed,just cant believe the
dammage in just three months sitting, yes the hose has green printing on it

well hopefully without making to many people mad, I'll say it; ethanol was subsidies and suppose to be one of the solutions for green energy. We have seen other areas green energy has failed. I don't think people really get how much we depend on oil and how well it works compared to everything else. Nothing is even close to taking its place in terms of availability and efficiency of energy production. I hope we can figure something out, I really like the sound of my pushrod solid roller V8. More gas for me to keep on keeping on. I heard someone compare replacing oil to the changes we made from out houses to indoor plumbing; not quite it is going to be more like the changes the cave man made from clubs to the F-35 in terms of weapons development. We can do it, but it is going to take some work.

On another note, every time I put gas in my mustang I put some stabil in there, every time. I carry a bottle with me in the car. The dang thing breaks down to often not to do it.

i think if the companies making parts would start making things like
fuel pumps and other fuel related parts alcahol proof we would be alright.
if there going to use alcahol in gass it will have to be done.problem is things
like the green alcahol accelerator pumps are just about indestructable after
you have them you wont need to buy new ones again therefore how will they
make money if they dont break down?

On another note, every time I put gas in my mustang I put some stabil in there, every time. I carry a bottle with me in the car. The dang thing breaks down to often not to do it.

I've had no problems ever since I started using StarTron Fuel Treatment. It's expensive, but it works. I paid about $115 for a gallon jug a couple weeks ago as that's half the price of the smaller bottles. Buy the one for Diesel Fuel as it is twice as strong as the Gas version, thus you can use less (I got this info straight from the manufacturer when I accidentally purchased the Diesel version). I started using StarTron after gas I had trreated with Stabil turned bad on me. StarTron is available at most marine product suppliers, or you can use their "Where To Buy" tool at the top right corner on their web page.

i am afraid we will all have to do somthing especialy if you do not drive your
classic a lot as i do not. i dont think even draining the fuel out will help as every thing will dry out.
i removed the fuel sender,and just what i was afraid of the plastic filter on the
suction tube was black and melted, the tank seems to be ok. going to un bolt the
fuel lines and flush them and the tank with chem tool and change the fuel filter

I've heard that Citgo stations sell ethanol free gas, you might check into that.

Other stations do too, but that's only possible in states that allow use of ethanol-free gas in road vehicles. CA is not one of those states. I don't know who here that applies to because almost nobody provides their location. I saw a Sinclair station in Idaho advertising ethanol-free.

Anyone that loves Hugo Chavez should definitely buy from Citgo.

thats right california apears to be the testing grounds, if they can get away with
it here your next ,its the same with paint we are now water bourn ,the
hobbiest doesnt stand a chance, takes a special paint booth with heaters to dry
the crap ,the days of centari ,chroma base and any thing that was good and easy
to use is over. funny thing is the primers are more toxic now than they ever
were, they contain arsenic.you have to wonder what the hell are they thing,or do they
green my shiny white.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good news ,good news, as i was fueling up my f150 to day i noticed a sticker
on the fuel pump that said warning this product contains MTBE a substance
known to the state of california to cause harm to the environment and humans.
so you see the state of california is on top of it,i mean they placed a sticker on the
pump?

for beter news the solid lifters are a clatering the gear drive is a whinning
and it has 60 lbs. oil presure, making just enough noise to tick off the neighbors
once more, change those fuel lines and eccelerator pumps if you havnt yet to
alcahol resistant
IMG_1647.JPG

good news ,good news, as i was fueling up my f150 to day i noticed a sticker
on the fuel pump that said warning this product contains MTBE a substance
known to the state of california to cause harm to the environment and humans.
so you see the state of california is on top of it,i mean they placed a sticker on the
pump?

How do you know it wasn't an old sticker? MTBE is what ethanol replaced because MTBE is so bad for people and the environment.