This thing sounds insane!!!

• Sponsors (?)

I tried on some straight through SLP (with my O/R X) and it sounded good and all but it popped a lot and was waaaaay loud. Might not be what I'm looking for but I'm thinking about it...

I tried on some straight through SLP (with my O/R X) and it sounded good and all but it popped a lot and was waaaaay loud. Might not be what I'm looking for but I'm thinking about it...

Go with an O/R H or catted H. I have a catted MRT H with my magnapacks and love it. I use to have mac flowpaths with the same mid pipe (sounded good) but now with the packs she screams....

The car belongs to no one on this forum so I can say it sounds like a bunch of rattling galvanized trash cans.

I agree, the automatics are pretty good. I forget but someone here recommended disabling the overdrive when doing a takeoff. Thanks to whomever that was for the advice!

Did you hear the shifts? You can't shift that fast with a stock tranny. Not that I don't agree. I'd never buy an auto. But the new auto's are no slouch.

I didn't want an auto either but really liked the remote start feature that was only available on an automatic.

And yes, the automatics are no slouch. In the current issue of Car & Driver shows the Shelby GT (manual) did 13.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile in their road test.
See:
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/download/0706_fourkind_powertrain_ss.pdf

My 2007 auto with a few mods and stock 3.31 gears did 13.682.:D

I didn't want an auto either but really liked the remote start feature that was only available on an automatic.

And yes, the automatics are no slouch. In the current issue of Car & Driver shows the Shelby GT (manual) did 13.7 seconds in the 1/4 mile in their road test.
See:
http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/download/0706_fourkind_powertrain_ss.pdf

My 2007 auto with a few mods and stock 3.31 gears did 13.682.:D

What remote start feature? If I have it I dont know where it is or how to start it.

Mehhh, don't think I care for it. Loud.....sure. But it doesn't sound right on a car that isn't caged, with 700hp under the hood, with Weld Prostars and 27" tall Hoosiers out back.

It's just too overbearing for a street car. Not to mention it sounds like it would get annoying in a hurry....especially out on the open highway. :shrug: