Those with aftermarket seats, chime in

mity2

I like Pro3 and all I got was this crappy CT.
Jul 24, 2003
StateCollege PA
As I look at my beat up seat, I can't help but want to replace those seats.

More and more I think about it, i really like to ditch these seats. They are uncomfortable, not to mention that those headrest(if you can call it that) is a joke.

Anyway, lets say I replace the seat - with sparco or whatever. How do you maintain your seatbelt? I don't want to go with harness, but I know that seatbelt anchor is part of seat. So how do you guys go around that?

And also, how those aftermarket seat sttatchs to the car? Do i reuse power mechanism? Do i need to fablicate somesort of blacket?

• Sponsors (?)

from my research the good quality seats have brackets available that include the lower seat belt mounts or adaptors to use the stock brackets...it's ones with "generic" brackets that are a problem

I bought Corbeau seats for my car with car specfic mounting brackets they also sell. Just unbolt the old seats and install the new seat with the proper manual brackets. The seat belt does mount to the bracket on the 99-04 cars. When I took the seats out and put them into my 91LX I used the same brackets and just cut off the seat belt part and installed them.

installed corbeau seats about 3 weeks ago, very easy to do if you're not dumb like me.

first off, you have to remove the nuts from the bottom of the car (2 per seat), otherwise you'll snap 2 of them like me :nonono:.

you don't retain the power mechanism, and you just, rather I just tucked the cord under the seat.

seatbelt is connected to the seats (99-04), but you just unbolt it, disconnect an electrical connection, and attach it to your new seat/bracket. you should buy brand specific seats/sliders, mine were $200 shipped (to hawaii, via volpaz on corral). the seat belt chime no longer occurs, and gets some time to get used to.

its a pain to reach over the side bolster to grab the seatbelt, so I just leave it resting on it.

watashi wa ichi ban desu!

I recently put my stock drivers seat back in, and drove around. I couldn't stand the soft mushy feeling, and the way you slide around during turns. It actually made the car's handling feel a lot worse than it actually is.

I couldn't wait to get the race back in there.

seat height is about the same, but I noticed the passeneger seat is where it should be, instead of feeling like you're sitting on a phone book.

having huggy seats leads you to believe that your car handles better than it did before. I would be whipping it around corners, thinking I wasn't going too fast, only to hear my tires start to squeel :).

installed corbeau seats about 3 weeks ago, very easy to do if you're not dumb like me.

first off, you have to remove the nuts from the bottom of the car (2 per seat), otherwise you'll snap 2 of them like me :nonono:.

you don't retain the power mechanism, and you just, rather I just tucked the cord under the seat.

seatbelt is connected to the seats (99-04), but you just unbolt it, disconnect an electrical connection, and attach it to your new seat/bracket. you should buy brand specific seats/sliders, mine were $200 shipped (to hawaii, via volpaz on corral). the seat belt chime no longer occurs, and gets some time to get used to.

its a pain to reach over the side bolster to grab the seatbelt, so I just leave it resting on it.

+1 :stupid:

My Corbeaus are SO much better than the stockers...

seat height is about the same, but I noticed the passeneger seat is where it should be, instead of feeling like you're sitting on a phone book.

Ha is that what passenger seat feel like? Honestly, I've never sat there before more then few sec to clean interior.

My intention with seat thing is that I wanted to buy those elchepo race seat from Pepboy's($199ea. But if i can find one in Pink that noone wants, i would go with that too). then take it to local uphoslter guy, and recover it to match the rest of the car. if i can recover each seat for like $150~$200 each, then I'm still spending about same as i would on set of Sparco seat, but it'll be perfect matching.
But the probrem is that if I go with cheap seat, then they usualy only comes with so called "generic" Slider which usually only fits on Hondah. So I was thinking, since I have access to MIG and TIG welder, I was gonna modify those Hondah slider to work with my car.

Only issue I could think of it is that seatbelt anchor. It sees tromendus force in case of accident, and I donno if I want to take chance on building that part myself

I'm pretty big on the matching everything, and while more supportive, I can't imagin non color matching seat.

Ie Jess san dewanaku te boku ga ichi bandesu. sonohen wo machigae naiyouni

Well, thats the idea.
Except I don't want to pay near $1400 for 2 seats.
My budget was $450~$500 per seat.

But i like the braket. I can get those, and make it fit to other seat much easier