Those with G-force trans-need opinions

sdc13

Founding Member
Feb 4, 2002
SoCal
I'm thinking about upgrading to a g-force t-5 when I pull the stock motor and drop in a 331/347 stroker in a few months. How do you guys like the tranny? Will it hold 450rwhp? Lets hear some opinions...

• Sponsors (?)

Absolutely love it, drops right in if you get the 94-95 version through Astro performance. I believe its rated to 550hp and can be shifter up to 7000rpm. You can upgrade the mainshaft if you want to run over 600hp. Its cheaper than a TKO swap.

yes you can just buy the kits,i believe its around 1600 on there web site.screw the tremec change this and modify that crap.im going with the g-force.a friend of mine has a gforce tranny in his 72 chevelle that runs 9's and never had a problem with it

Shifts are a tad harder but crisp. Shifts better than alot of the TKO trans I've driven (at least 6). I had a friend with a 530rwhp Fox that put a stock style shifter on it to get better leverage putting it into gear.

This is who I got mine through, $1695 for 94-95 specific.
http://www.astroperformance.com/

Great guys to deal with, plus the different first gear changes 5th gear to a 0.59 from 0.63 for better mileage.

zenboy99 said:
Shifts are a tad harder but crisp. Shifts better than alot of the TKO trans I've driven (at least 6). I had a friend with a 530rwhp Fox that put a stock style shifter on it to get better leverage putting it into gear.

This is who I got mine through, $1695 for 94-95 specific.
http://www.astroperformance.com/

Great guys to deal with, plus the different first gear changes 5th gear to a 0.59 from 0.63 for better mileage.

this is a bit old of a thread, but from what he just said,is that why the kits dont ship with a 5th gear because the stock 5th gear is automatically changed? by the rest of the gearset?

I just popped 3rd gear in mine. I'm sending it back to get fixed. Astro performance has been nothing BUT helpful through the whole ordeal. I don't know what happened with it. I was running on the street on motor
(all 320hp of it) and granny shifted into 3rd and came off the clutch and *pow*. Now it makes HORRIBLE noises in 3rd. I'm yanking it and putting a C4 in.

RyClef331 said:
I just popped 3rd gear in mine. I'm sending it back to get fixed. Astro performance has been nothing BUT helpful through the whole ordeal. I don't know what happened with it. I was running on the street on motor
(all 320hp of it) and granny shifted into 3rd and came off the clutch and *pow*. Now it makes HORRIBLE noises in 3rd. I'm yanking it and putting a C4 in.

thats interesting , i think, im curious as to watch clutch u run as well