Throwout bearing??

95CobraStang

Jan 21, 2004
Chico, CA
My girlfriend's friend's car has a little prob with the throwout bearing on her stang. How much should she expect to pay to get a new one swapped in there? I was thinking no more than $200 b/c I had my whole clutch installed for $250 a while back.

She was quoted at around $1000 for it. Is it me, or are they about to give the royal f#$king?? Maybe I am missing something here though :shrug: .

Another question: Doesn't a new clutch usually come with a throwout bearing?

• Sponsors (?)

Wow 1k do you get a kiss with that also??

I would say around $500 since you have to drop exhaust, complete driveline, and clutch, depending on the mechanic. The throwout bearing itself only cost $20.

Only the clutch and alignment tool comes in the kit, you have to buy the throwout bearing seperate.

Is there just making a squeling noise or what?

Are you sure it's the throw out bearing? [when you push the clutch all the way in, does it make a nasty rumbling noise? If it is, it would wise to change the clutch and pressure plate while the tranny's out.

CanadaStang said:
Are you sure it's the throw out bearing? [when you push the clutch all the way in, does it make a nasty rumbling noise? If it is, it would wise to change the clutch and pressure plate while the tranny's out.

I haven't heard it, myself...ill give it a listen and drive, but yeah i agree...while it's out, i think a new clutch is in the mix too.

BossShinoda9701 said:
Wow 1k do you get a kiss with that also??

I would say around $500 since you have to drop exhaust, complete driveline, and clutch, depending on the mechanic. The throwout bearing itself only cost $20.

Only the clutch and alignment tool comes in the kit, you have to buy the throwout bearing seperate.

Is there just making a squeling noise or what?

it's kinda a grinding..shaking..noise. it's a low pitch (this is what im told) if you push on the clutch a little, i guess it goes away. i might have her see my mechanic, cause hers sounds like a crook