Thumper heads on Pinks.

YUP that sn mustang is now living in jacksonville.This whole thing kicked off a big grudge between florida and south carolina.The guys that were pit crew for for the sn i guess talked a bunch of trash after the race because the sn owner also had a 408 stroker ls1 camaro on his trailer.So of course they went to the street and a different fox body took a 1000 bucks away from them.So they went home missing a car and there gas money lol.

• Sponsors (?)

795.0pacecar said:
Thumpers heads are E7s professionaly ported with a 5 angle valve job by Mike Shultz of Thumper performace. His heads flow 219 intake an 154 exhaust @ .500 lift. This is slightly better than GT-40X heads and Dart SR heads.
Thumper heads are $600 with a core refund.

http://www.thumperoforangepark.com/

I would love to see those flow numbers independently verified.

Btw,Ed Curtis from FTI flow tested those Thumper heads some time back and they didn`t flow anywhere near advertised and he said the machining wasn`t very good.

Buyer beware.

stang9150 said:
YUP that sn mustang is now living in jacksonville.This whole thing kicked off a big grudge between florida and south carolina.The guys that were pit crew for for the sn i guess talked a bunch of trash after the race because the sn owner also had a 408 stroker ls1 camaro on his trailer.So of course they went to the street and a different fox body took a 1000 bucks away from them.So they went home missing a car and there gas money lol.

so your the owner of the yellow fox and red one now? im confused :bang:

I saw that episode last night. All those people were a joke. I sit back and laugh at how these guys talk trash to each other and pretend that they are all hardcore and what not.

They need to cast some "real racers" for this show, people that actually know there *****. I find it funny how many brainless idiots they get to compete against each other and the cars that they bring break all day. I race the hell out of my stang and it doesnt break like these cars do.

I mean I know a car is on the line and all, but still these people think they are so badass its hillarious.

If there gonna do that, it think they should do bracket racing, seeing as these cars (as far as i know) aren't in any specific class. So i think in order to see who the better/more consistant driver/car is they should do bracket racing. Instead of this..."i'll give you no bottle and 4 lengths..."

I missed it but I will be sure to watch the re-run this weekend. From the pre-veiws, it looked like a bunch of crap.

I agree with the above posts. I don't understand some of the matchups. For one thing, we know when it comes down to it, the winner is the better husler and negotiator, not so much the cars. Some of the matchups aren't fiar because one team shows up with some raggity POS while the other one shows up with a NICE car, and can negotiate his way into winning that nice car.

If you were to play cards, would you allow someone to come and only place half as much on the table as you and then request 2 Aces on dealing. Hell no, but it happens on pinks all the time.

If you show up with a car and it breaks normally, that is one thing but these plain ignorant newbie type of problems with the cars, they should loose automatically. Broken driveshaft, OK, but a missing overflow tube or rotton hose, NO.

I would never go on pinks, if I did, I would just show up on a bycicle, and just bring a good negotiator. If I lost, I'm out a bycylce, if I win, I've got a car.

About thumper heads... they get bashed hardcore by everyone except those who had or have them. If thumper heads sucked so bad, then why is it everyone who gets them loves them. There isn't a real significant difference between those with thumper heads and expensive alumimums on a stock or standard rebuild 302 on otherwise similar setups.

A buddy and I had almost identical setups, the only differences wer that I had longtubes, he had shorties, he had the TFS1, and I had the B cam, and he had AFR165's and I had Thumpers. Oh, and I had flows and he had MACs, his was a LX, mine was a GT. He could only slightly pull me on the highway in the upper rpm's right before he shifted, but then I would gain my inch back. From a stop, I easily put 4+ lengths on him because of traction, but from a roll, where neither spun, I could pull about a lenght or so.

90mustangGT said:
About thumper heads... they get bashed hardcore by everyone except those who had or have them. If thumper heads sucked so bad, then why is it everyone who gets them loves them. There isn't a real significant difference between those with thumper heads and expensive alumimums on a stock or standard rebuild 302 on otherwise similar setups.

A buddy and I had almost identical setups, the only differences wer that I had longtubes, he had shorties, he had the TFS1, and I had the B cam, and he had AFR165's and I had Thumpers. Oh, and I had flows and he had MACs, his was a LX, mine was a GT. He could only slightly pull me on the highway in the upper rpm's right before he shifted, but then I would gain my inch back. From a stop, I easily put 4+ lengths on him because of traction, but from a roll, where neither spun, I could pull about a lenght or so.

Its good to hear someonw got to bat for the Thumper Heads......I am going to go with those and a Tmoss intake thios fall

Thumpers are great heads for the price. The machine work is very good on them and I would be willing to bet the flow numbers are close to what mike advertises, you just have to factor in a margin for error considering they are hand ported, also there is more to heads than just all out flow capacity, velocity is a big part of it.

The Thumper heads are good quality, but they are not good bang for the buck. Money is better spent on used aluminum heads. The only reason to use them is for a purpose built sleeper that wants the stock appearance.

And yes, I've bought them before and knew exactly what I was doing when I spent the money. They worked well too.

Used alumimum heads are hard to come by for a decent price. Usually people want so much for them that you add the wear and tear, as well as the risks of buying used parts, you might as well just get new one's or get thumpers.

The yellow fox had GT-40P's that were ported by Thumper. I was emailing him back and forth with questions about his heads when they ran that Pinks episode. He forwarded me the email that "Tricky Ricky" sent him after winning.

Was it me or did it seem like the yellow fox was toying with the SN95? It looked to me like he gave away the first race on purpose - definately looked like he lifted to let her win so he could negotiate lengths.

The 2nd race the Yellow fox got 4 lengths and looked like he would have easily won by 6 or more had he not lifted at the end to win by as little as possible.

Personally I'm sold on Thumper's heads and will be buying some when I rebuild the 5.0 this fall. I saw a dyno sheet that someone posted a while back with lots of Thumper/Tmoss combos that were pulling 250 + rwhp. Not too shabby.

68keyblr said:
Personally I'm sold on Thumper's heads and will be buying some when I rebuild the 5.0 this fall. I saw a dyno sheet that someone posted a while back with lots of Thumper/Tmoss combos that were pulling 250 + rwhp. Not too shabby.
I made 262/328 with Thumpers on a stock shortblock, but I have a Performer RPM. That was also through an AOD w/ 3k stall. I think it would have been mid 270s with a 5 speed.