Thumper/TMoss combo up and running!

• Sponsors (?)

Another update - My rocker shim kit arrived yesterday and I'll have her running tonight hopefully - There are times I really miss working on carb'ed engines - I'm tired of having to pull the upper intake off to adjust these rocker arms! I'll keep you guys updated as soon as I get back on a computer (my computer at home died), so it might be Monday untill I can post more when I get to work.

Another update....

I am still having trouble with ticking noises, I swear my car has more ticks than a Georgia forest! Anyways, I'm getting closer to getting rid of all the ticks and clicks - I am now happy with the way the rocker arms are installed (did the install with the engine HOT!) but I still hear clicking sounds. I've been listening to just about everything with my stetho-screwdriver, and I no longer hear any noises from under the valve covers, and my air pump makes a very faint clicking noise, but I've been listening to the fuel injectors and they sound like a row of typewriters hammering away!

The sound is the exact same, a constant ticking - hot or cold, climbs with RPM, but the part that annoys me is I can here it while I drive. Are fuel injectors supposed to be that loud? I know that if they ARE NOT making clickings noises they aren't working.

What do you guys think? Am I missing the boat entirely? I'm also fairly sure there is no exhausts leaks, but I'll check the bolts again tonight.