ticket for driving lights

The volation is as reads Violation HL & Spotlight w/glaring beam. Statute 66-3-831B. essential facts Driver failed to dim high beams when given the signal to do so. This is in New Mexico

hate to burst your bubble but you are gonna lose; i was given a written warning by the state police for the same thing; the cop said he flashed me and i did not turn off the fog lights (or what ever you want to call them); after i checked that it is state law that if you are flashed you have to turn them off -- now i know that this is rarely enforced but if your law reads like ours which it appears from what you say in your quote you are goona lose; why he didnt warn you i dont know. good luck; by the way i am in nebraska/

• Sponsors (?)

If he loses then there's no justice. He didn't even have his "high beams" on like the cop said, he was just driving around like everybody else thinking he was legal with what can argued are fog lights.

If a cop blue lighted me or whatever he did to signal the guy, I wouldn't even know what he was doing if my high beams were not even on. He should have been given a warning at the MOST.

The cop was fooled by the 4 horizontal lights plain and simple.

Whether or not they're too bright is an opinion, but I personally think they are as well as couple dozen cars who's flashed me.

The New Mexico statute shouldn't stick to the foglamps on the S197. You could obtain or pay for photometric testing that was sponsored by Ford Motor Company for FMVSS certification of the foglamps. You could demonstrate that the isocandela beam pattern for the foglamps is clearly different than the beam pattern for bona fide high beams. They need to understand that the Mustang GT has 2 headlamps and 2 foglamps.

Ok so my trial was set for 9am. I got there on time and the sheriff didnt show, the judge dismissed it. At 9:15 the sheriff showed up while I was waiting for the papers but it was to late. I sat there and smiled in his face as the judge lectured him infront of a full court room about being late. Ah yes, today was a good day!

Ok so my trial was set for 9am. I got there on time and the sheriff didnt show, the judge dismissed it. At 9:15 the sheriff showed up while I was waiting for the papers but it was to late. I sat there and smiled in his face as the judge lectured him infront of a full court room about being late. Ah yes, today was a good day!

Just for ****s and giggles, you should have asked the judge how he would have ruled on it. Might have been nice to know....especially now that depending on this Sheriffs attitude about the whole thing, he might now have it out for you. ;)

Just for ****s and giggles, you should have asked the judge how he would have ruled on it. Might have been nice to know....especially now that depending on this Sheriffs attitude about the whole thing, he might now have it out for you. ;)

Might have been nice to know -- but too dangerous to ask. If you are in court and it's going your way, keep quiet. If you win, leave happily. So long as you are still in the courtroom, the judge continues to have jurisdiction over you and he or she can change their mind or make other kinds of orders you'll be stuck with.

Might have been nice to know -- but too dangerous to ask. If you are in court and it's going your way, keep quiet. If you win, leave happily. So long as you are still in the courtroom, the judge continues to have jurisdiction over you and he or she can change their mind or make other kinds of orders you'll be stuck with.

Excellent advice!!! I was excused from jury duty one time. I'm sure the judge was angry with me because I said I would not necessarily follow his instructions. I believe in jury nullification, and that is not allowed in California. I would have liked to have stayed and seen what happened afterwards, but I left the judge's courtroom FAST.

Was driving around at night the other day and had a cop flash his lights at me with my brights off but fogs on, when I realized he had flashed me (and wasn't just a bump in the road) I turned the fogs off. Looked like he might turn around but I didn't get pulled over so... Didn't really want to have to explain it to him.
Dan

i got stopped for my taillights being tinted, i knew that was illegal from the get go when i tinted them, but he said i can't have my fog light covers on its illegal, so i popped them out in front of him, plus the tinted tail lights he said its a moving violation, i thought that was a fixing ticket? he marked the moving violation box not the correction box....jerk!

lol revenge!! :nice: