Time slip edits

washMO66

Founding Member
Oct 30, 2001
Washington, MO
Time slip edits - (Hijacked thread) - WFC 8 pics & more

Is anyone else havng problems updating the timeslip database? I click on submit timeslip data and it just goes to a blank screen?

I have some new updated quicker times to share.

• Sponsors (?)

Here are a couple of pics of Todd's car that I took. This is a bad azz car boys and girls. It's not far from running in the ten's N/A and it's street legal!!!
That, my friends, is something.

DSCF0407.JPG

The cool looking dude in the grey shirt, green hat and shades is Todd.
DSCF0408.JPG

Yes, that's an 11.28 dial on the window and yes, it's naturally aspirated.
DSCF0462.JPG

Getting close to pulling the front wheels. I couldn't get a pic of the car at it's peak with my $350 digital camera that takes pics about a half second after you push the button, Like a light on the tree, you just try to anticipate it.
DSCF0463.JPG

Attachments

• DSCF0407.JPG
    DSCF0407.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF0408.JPG
    DSCF0408.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DSCF0462.JPG
    DSCF0462.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 44
  • DSCF0463.JPG
    DSCF0463.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 49
thehueypilot said:
Wow, I have a lot of the same pieces and some are bigger and you are running a full second better than I am. The more I spend the slower I seem to be going. Tips would be appreciated!

What is the jetting in the 850 ? I am assuming you are running slicks. What are the 60 ft ?

thehueypilot said:
Wow, I have a lot of the same pieces and some are bigger and you are running a full second better than I am. The more I spend the slower I seem to be going. Tips would be appreciated!

I ran a best of 11.30 @ 119MPH this past weekend with a 1.59 short time. The air was as good as it could of been a couple of the days at WFC8.

I noticed you said you had 340HP at the rear wheels, although I have not had mine on a chassis dyno I am confident that I am safely over 400 at the rear wheels.

68 maybe a little heavier? Although my car is all steel but I do not have a back seat but I do have subframe connectors, full cage, big 9". I would estimate my weight at close to 3K lbs if not more.

Give me a 3800 stall with a brake and 4:11's in place of my 3:70's and I'll bet my bottom dollar it will run high 10's all motor. I really haven't even optimized my set up yet.....

My 60' times are 1.62 to 1.60 with Quick Time Pro DOT racing slicks. My car weighs about 3500lbs with me in it. The carbs jetting; which was set at the dyno;is 72 in the front and 78 in the back. I am in the process of getting a hand held air/fuel wide band meter to record my passes so I can tell what's going on with the fuel curve so I can better optimize it. It could be my AOD transmission is eating up a lot of power compaired to your C4. I run mostly 1/8 mile tracks and I average around 7:60's at 89 mph. Thanks for the imput!

Another thing to consider is to ditch the dual plane and get a Victor Jr. have it port matched to the heads and have the plenum opened up and make sure the runners all nice and smooth to the heads. My car picked up 4 tenths when I went from a Performer RPM to the Victor JR and I only spin it up to 6200RPM! (Also picked up a little more with a carb spacer, open type)

I will argue with any who say a single plane is not as streetable as a dual, total BS.

Also, did you have any port/polish work done to those great big AFR's? I had extensive work done to mine to optimize the quality of the heads and I had the Vic Jr port matched as well.

Wow!! Awesome times! I seen that car in Many pictures from WFC8. http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventFrame?event=00SL00AW
and http://www.photoreflect.com/scripts/prsm.dll?EventFrame?event=08OD0018
11.50@117. Mine is still spinning yet, but I just took the big block springs out and put in the 6cyl ones, and put in bushed spring perches with 90/10 shocks. I hope this gets me right down to where you are now. Had a friend running down there also in wild street. Yellow 89 must, tubbed. Ran 9.37 but was STILL outgunned. Totally street legal.
I got some pics in my garage and some of me and some more Awesome cars at a local muscle car shootout in Brainerd MN. For some reason, it will not let me post anywhere near the actual pictures? But if you want to check them out you go here http://www.egleye.com/home.htm, then 2004 events, then Sept 2004 events Brainerd muscle car shootout, then 2004 muscle car shootout again, then click on the stock/pure stock/super stock towards top, then page 7. Half way down, the orange mach 1. That's mine. I know, real pain in the *** to get to, but there is some awesome cars.
Huey pilot, sounds like there is definatly something wrong. 1.60 is coming off the line awesome! MPH is just not there indicating the motor is not making the power it should. Although washMO66 is right, you will definatly pick up with the vic jr, I don't think that's the problem. I have almost the exact same motor as you except you have better heads and a few more cubes. I am also running the rpm manifold with a proformed 750 and it still does pretty good. Probably something small but just overlooked. Cam timing, ignition timing, or what are you running for fuel system. Could it be running out of fuel?? :shrug:

thehueypilot said:
Wow, I have a lot of the same pieces and some are bigger and you are running a full second better than I am.
I was wondering about the same thing. His cam is pretty big on the lift but only average (for a hipo cam) on duration. The heads and intake have to be the difference. Those 185s are great out of the box, but to have them custom worked over must be worth the difference. I just did a basic port match on my heads/intake, I did not do an exhaust port at all, and I did no work at all on the runners or chambers. I am also limiting top end HP with the dual plane instead of a single, but I knew that going in, I willingly made the compromise for low end grunt.

The electric fuel pump is worth a few ponies I'd guess, but the mechanical water pump and fan detract more than the fuel pump gives. I saw no mention of any traction aids other than the full cage (which helps a lot) and SFCs.

washMO66 said:
Another thing to consider is to ditch the dual plane and get a Victor Jr. have it port matched to the heads and have the plenum opened up and make sure the runners all nice and smooth to the heads. My car picked up 4 tenths when I went from a Performer RPM to the Victor JR and I only spin it up to 6200RPM! (Also picked up a little more with a carb spacer, open type)

I will argue with any who say a single plane is not as streetable as a dual, total BS.

Also, did you have any port/polish work done to those great big AFR's? I had extensive work done to mine to optimize the quality of the heads and I had the Vic Jr port matched as well.

I had (still have avalible) a Vic. Jr. on it but it seemed weaker on the bottom end, plus I had to go to a 3" crowl hood. I guess I am walking a fine line between "streetable" and "race only" componants. I changed back not because I thought it ran worse on the street which it did not; but I did not notice that much difference at the track. The increase in height is what I did not like. The reason I bought the AFR 225's was because they did so well during the "Small Block Ford Head Shootout" last year. They claim they out flow most heads right out of the box with no port work required.

Edbert said:
I was wondering about the same thing. His cam is pretty big on the lift but only average (for a hipo cam) on duration. The heads and intake have to be the difference. Those 185s are great out of the box, but to have them custom worked over must be worth the difference. I just did a basic port match on my heads/intake, I did not do an exhaust port at all, and I did no work at all on the runners or chambers. I am also limiting top end HP with the dual plane instead of a single, but I knew that going in, I willingly made the compromise for low end grunt.

The electric fuel pump is worth a few ponies I'd guess, but the mechanical water pump and fan detract more than the fuel pump gives. I saw no mention of any traction aids other than the full cage (which helps a lot) and SFCs.

Yes Edbert, I also noticed the cam duration which is the same as mine and I was thinking that was my problem because most racers use 110/109 duration which is not very streetable, but with times like he is running that is not it.