timeless2: 2001 Roush Stage2 progress thread

• Sponsors (?)

Exhaust tips are supposedly going to be done tomorrow evening. Tires ordered next. What a pain it is to find a deal on 295/35ZR18 sized tires. I can live without the speed rating "defined" as supplied even.

You guys know of a good source? I've hit the popular sites and they're all well up in the $300/tire range. Thanks.

Ive had them before. They were quiet and handled great. Didnt last long and they dont like rain. They are about as bad as a new drag radial in the rain.

that car will never see a drop of rain anyway, so if you just want a tire to cruise in, then get them. street tires suck for the track anyway, so i dont see you missing much in the traction department. i know how you drive. :)

Ive had them before. They were quiet and handled great. Didnt last long and they dont like rain. They are about as bad as a new drag radial in the rain.
I see, but...
that car will never see a drop of rain anyway, so if you just want a tire to cruise in, then get them. street tires suck for the track anyway, so i dont see you missing much in the traction department. i know how you drive. :)
He answered for me. ^

A little. But seriously if you want something just for street usage and you are gonna :taco: foot the car then the General is the cheapest tire you can get and its still better then the Sumitomo. The MX will have great grip on the street or track (not like a race tire) and that price you showed is a good deal.
Now for mabey $20 difference (still gotta pay shipping at TR) I would get the Nittos I showed because they are the closest you can get to a track tire but still have great street manners. :nice: